thirteen

The group was woken in a panic, the door to their hotel room opened and two men rushing in, specifically Ben and Tanner.

   "For God sake, there you are," Ben sighed, Cassie sitting up on her elbows.

   "What's going on?" She asks sleepily, the boys sleeping around her stirring around in the sheets.

   "We thought we had lost you," Tanner sighed, "you didn't come back to the room last night and you didn't have your phone."

"You saw me leave to come here last night," Cassie brushes her hair away from her face, "you knew where I was."

"You left all night without taking your phone. Understand why I'd be concerned," Tanner speaks sternly, Cassie nodding.

"Sorry," Cassie mumbles, looking over at Blake who wakes up next to her.

"What're you doing staying in here anyway?" Ben asks, arms crossed over his chest.

"We had a sleepover," Cassie chuckles, not understanding why it had to be a big deal.

"We can't have the fans thinking anything's going on because you're staying over with Blake."

"Well the fans aren't in here, are they?" Cassie scoffs, rubbing her eyes, "plus there's two other guys in the room."

"Look, we're not late, we haven't slept in. Why are you mad at her?" Blake asks calmly, still half asleep.

"We're just trying to maintain how you look in the media, both of you," Ben tries to calm Cassie down, but she was just awoken abruptly and there was no chance of her simmering down unless she got a cup of coffee first.

"I appreciate that, but every girl with legs, gets accused of dating whatever band member they're spotted with. Fans like to conspire about who's with who. They find it fun. I was the same when I was younger," Cassie shrugs, getting her point across.

"We'll have to keep you away from the boys if that starts to happen. Joe doesn't have time to manage more than one band and their dating scandals."

"You're not going to be able to keep me away unless you fire me. You've hired me specifically to hangout with them and capture it all," Cassie rolls her eyes, Blake clearing his throat awkwardly next to her.

"Blake?" Ben raises his eyebrows, Blake innocently looking up at him, "anything to add?"

"It's kinda true," Blake speaks timidly, "I mean, I saw someone on Instagram complain about Cassie being around us too much but when someone mentioned her being around Tanner, they didn't care because he's not in a band."

"I rest my case," Cassie sighs, falling back onto her pillow, "I know how fans work. I am one."

"Right, and of who?" Ben snickers.

"The Vamps, all four of 'em, since Can We Dance, thank you," Cassie scoffs, "I get teased about it all the time and even Blake would get stroppy if I did as little as stand next to one of them. Think about how fans must feel about me working with all three of these guys, if they don't want them dating, even though we're obviously not."

"They should of hired you for the media office," Tanner chuckles, stopping when he looks over at a stern Ben.

"I was previously writing up the interior design magazines for the company I was hoping to be a designer for, but I was persuaded to quit that job and put my chances of being an interior designer at risk, just to come on this tour," Cassie looks over to Blake, although her words are aimed towards Tanner.