fifteen | 십오

"All I asked from you is just to stay where you are."

Yuna < Stay Where You Are >

»»————-  ————-««

The actual reason behind Yeseul's tardiness to the wedding rehearsal begins exactly the moment she steps into her humble abode

Upon seeing the familiar landscape of Yeseul's apartment, Bomi glides her way out of the unzipped pet carrier, strolling through the wooden flooring with slow but fluffy steps. She places her front paws side-by-side, pulling her entire body backwards in a slow but comfortable stretch. Her eyes are shut tight as her tail sits upright against her ascended body line. 

The dark-furred animal evidently misses home.

Yeseul crouches down on the ground, all the while making sure Bomi isn't hurting herself with the wound on her lower belly. She pats the spot gently, peeling Bomi's eyes up with keen attention. 

The feline meows when a new toy block in the house catches her twinkling eyes.

Yeseul turns her head along toward the unfinished DIY cat tower. The ash brown, two-storey tower made out of wooden boards and plastic tubing is an evident work-in-progress, and by far and large, miles away from Yeseul's imaginative end product. With Bomi's short leave, she filled her up the little free time she had with researching, sourcing for recycled materials and assembling the cat tower.

Despite watching a clear, step-by-step Cat Tower for Dummies video on YouTube, she had underestimated the challenges that came with the assembly.

The welcome home surprise for Bomi falls through.

"I'm sorry, Bomi. The cat tower is not quite ready..."

Her furry friend's curiosity know no bounds, and she looks about ready to jump on the opportunity.

Sliding speedily towards Bomi, Yeseul pulls her body away to safety. In doing so, Yeseul's bended knee knocks against the unfastened plastic tube. A loud thump and a tumbling mess follow seconds later. Shielding the little one from the unforeseen mishap, Yeseul lets out a silent curse under her breath. While Bomi isn't hurt again, her clumsy negligence is indeed the cause behind Bomi's accidents. 

She doesn't think she can ever forgive herself for endangering Bomi, again.

Yeseul's eyes moist even faster than the line of her forehead. 

"Oh Bomi, I'm so sorry! Are you alright? That must have scared you so much!" Yeseul confesses tearfully. Her mind sprints towards the memory she'd try so hard at suppressing. 

"I'm such a bad mommy for Bomi. I can't even take good care of myself, and here I am trying to take care of you... Maybe... Maybe mother was right after all."