six | 육

"I could use a fresh beginning too, all of my regrets are nothing new."

Switchfoot < Learning to Breathe >

»»————-  ————-««

When Namjoon gave Jungkook a week to think about his offer, he hasn't exactly picture the younger man taking a one-way bus to Seoul forty-eight hours later

"I'll um... I'll do it, hyung," Jungkook speaks softly over the phone, after a long moment of deliberation.

Namjoon exhales the deep breath he's pulled in, throwing a muted and instantaneous fist up into the air. His dimples sink deep beneath his cheeks, as his closed lips draw into two thin lines, curved at its ends. His big, clumsy hands almost misses the hula dancing Hawaiian wooden doll placed on the edge of his colleague's cubicle, leaving it jiggling.

"Phew," Namjoon's eyebrows twitch with short-lived distress. The morning's just begun, but it's beginning to look a lot like his lucky day. "I'm glad you didn't shut me at the door. Well, the interview isn't until Friday. Would you like to stay for a few days at my place?"

As much as Jungkook is grateful for the suggestion, it does feels like he's piling up too much debt onto Namjoon's kindness. After what seems like an awkward pause, he entangles his way out of the spider web. "Actually, hyung. I've already found a place to stay. It's a friend from the military, and he isn't home, so..."

"Ahh...," Namjoon nods to himself, comprehending the situation in full. Jungkook may have not closed the door in his face, but it doesn't mean that he's ready for Namjoon to walk all over his crushed door rug. 

At the very least, Jungkook shows signs of trying. 

And that, for now, is good enough for Namjoon.

"Well, that sounds like a plan. Settle down, prepare for the interview, call me if you have any questions. I know you're gonna do just fine."

"Thanks, hyung," Jungkook lets out a nervous smile. He tries hard at blocking the negativity from entering his mind, earnestly putting his trust in Namjoon.

"I'll see you on Friday at nine, kiddo."

»»————-  ————-««

After several transits, Jungkook finally gets off at the Noksapyeong station. With an enormously big-sized travel backpack, and a 32'' army green carrier in hand, he looks big, even from a distance. 

It is a bustling morning for commuters; even so, the summer heat does not escape Seoul. With narrowed eyes, Jungkook looks up at the cloudless sky, regretting his all-black ensemble. 

Pulling his four-wheeled carrier along the walkway, he searches for the direction of the property agency he's reviewed while on the bus. The map reveals he is three minutes away from his destination, and he lightly adjusts his bucket hat, brushing off the sweat falling on the side of his face.