~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Peter had received the e-mail from Stark Industries. He clicked on it, praying that he had failed.

"Congratulations, Mr. Parker! You completed the test with the score of a minority of applicants... 100%! Please come to Stark Industries this evening to learn more about your role in our community!"

Peter glared at the e-mail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter reluctantly opened the door, stepping into the large lobby. Even in his sullen mood, Peter couldn't help gawking at how impressive everything was.

"Sir?"

Peter turned in the direction of the voice, finding that it belonged to the receptionist, "Yes?"

"May I help you? Were you a part of a tour group and forgot something?"

"Oh, no... I'm actually here for an internship."

The receptionist looked at him skeptically, "I doubt any of our new interns are high school students. There is a very difficult test involved in the application process."

"I do have an internship! I received the e-mail this morning!"

She still seemed to doubt him, but nonetheless turned to her computer, "Alright... What's your name?"

"Peter. Peter Parker."

After a few taps on her keyboard, the receptionist looked at the screen, surprised, "Oh! You do have an internship! Alright then..." She reached into a drawer and handed a small object to Peter, "Here is your badge. I'll get someone to show you to your area..." She looked around, eyes finally resting on a man wearing a nice suit. She beckoned for him to come over.

The man hesitantly walked toward them, eyeing Peter suspiciously, "Is something wrong?"

"No, Happy, everything is fine. This is SI's new intern, Peter Parker. Can you show him to his area?"

Happy frowned at Peter, "Fine..." He began walking at a brisk pace. Peter quickly started moving, trying to catch up to him. They stepped into the elevator, standing side by side. Peter shifted awkwardly on his feet while Happy stared at him using the reflective surface of the elevator doors. "How old are you, Mr. Parker?"

Peter cleared his throat, "I'm fifteen, Sir."

"Huh..." was all Happy said.

The elevator doors opened and Happy stepped onto the floor with Peter close behind. As they walked down the corridors Peter looked at the areas around him, where some interns were working on their own tasks. Peter forgot all about his problem and eagerly stepped into the place Happy had gestured for him to enter.

"This is your area, where you can work on any projects or paperwork you are assigned to do. You may also be called upon by higher ranking employees to do tasks," Happy said in a monotone voice.

"Great! Thanks, Mr. Happy!" Peter said, admiring his space.

Happy gave a stiff nod before walking off, leaving Peter to get situated in his area and wait for his first assignment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter had been an intern at Stark Industries for a full two weeks, and things were going well. He had completed his first project, done a decent amount of paperwork, and done some tasks for others.