Chapter 90 - Radio Silence

Start from the beginning

My eyes move from the sign and down towards the counter, seeing about eighty layers of dust on top of the counter.

I swipe my fingers across the edge, gathering a disgusting amount of dust on my three middle fingers.

Moving my fingers around to disperse the dust, I turn around to ask anyone sitting near me who is listening "Do you know if anyone works here?"

I don't get an answer from anyone sitting on the benches, instead the PA system clicks on "The following stops have been cancelled: Hollatine, Batten, Baybury, Deer Ridge, Red Oak–"

Everyone stands up silently, moving away from the benches and towards the area where a train would be coming through a tunnel.

I reach my hand out, trying to get the attention of a guy standing near me "Excuse me, where are those trains going?"

He ignores me and keeps walking towards the train entryway as the PA continues "–Trenton, Anderson, King Springs."

"Excuse me, do you know what train this is?" I attempt to ask another lady– who also ignores me as she moves with the crowd.

"Does anyone know where this train's going?" I say a little louder to the growing crowd, still not getting an answer before I reach out to another lady "Excuse me, do you know what train this is?"

Everyone has gathered into a massive crowd, all standing in front of the tunnel entryway with a sign reading 'To Trains' hung above the dark tunnel archway.

There's a gush of wind before I hear the very distant sounds of a horse neighing coming from deep within the dark tunnel in front of us.

The horse's neighs become louder before we can hear their galloping stomping hooves– the noise terrifying enough to the crowd that has gathered and they all clammer away from each other.

People are screaming and pushing as they scatter away from the tunnel entryway, moving to hide behind pillars and the benches they all previously sat upon when two Ghost Riders on horses run through the tunnel and into the station with us.

One of the Ghost Riders knocks down a guy standing in his path before the other rider throws a guy down onto the ground who is tied up with rope around his wrists and ankles.

The rope however is gone in the next second, disappearing into nothing but bright green smoke before the Ghost Riders start to gallop towards me.

I quicken my steps, rushing backwards and trying to get out of their way. I move behind a pillar, however, that seemed to be the path the Ghost Riders wanted as one follows me.

The next thing I feel are two hands gripping onto my shoulders as I'm pulled out of the Riders path and my back is pushed up against another pillar.

My eyes widen as I register who I'm seeing standing before me.

Peter fucking Hale.

He makes a face, shaking his head once as he grumbles "It had to be you."

The three Ghost Riders continue to scare everyone as they make their way through the station, taking off towards the tunnel again.

Once the horses cross over into the dark tunnel, the wind stops, the screams stop and everyone moves silently back to sit down on the fucking benches again.

Peter starts to move away from me earning me to reach out to stop him "Peter? Peter, what are you doing here? How are you here?"

Flicking his head up towards me, Peter draws his brows inwards "What do you mean, how am I here? I'm here. You are here. We are all here. Now– get the hell away from me, Stiles."