"It's a tracker," breathed Parker in disbelief. 

Lights within the Cortex suddenly switched to a warning red. 

"What the hell is this?" yelled Parker. 

"It's Eiling!" shouted Cisco. 

"Lock down the pipeline, get Bette out of here. I'll take care of Eiling," ordered Dr. Wells. 

"Kick his ass! Well, actually, verbally, if you can!" yelled Parker. From her pocket, she dug out the keys and dangled them into the air. "I call driving, kids!" 

"Oh, no, what are you doing?" asked Cisco worriedly. 

"Should I do a super cool spin out? Fast and Furious style?" asked Parker. 

"Parker, no," pleaded Barry. 

"Parker..."  warned Caitlin. 

Tension filled the car when Parker accelerated. 

"Parker!"

"NOOOOO!"

"PARKER SYLAS!"

"Jesus Christ!" screamed Parker, taking her foot from the gas. "You guys are no fun."

When the car came to a stop, Cisco dove from the car, sprawling across the pavement. "Thank the Lord, I'm alive!" he cried thankfully into the sky. 

Parker placed the box of Frisbee's on a foldaway table Barry set up. 

"Bette, on this day, we're testing your limits," announced Cisco. 

"Touch a Frisbee, then throw it," said Caitlin, demonstrating the motion. 

Barry and Parker ran for it. To be fair to her, he ran at normal speed. Catching him by surprise, Parker stuck her foot in front of him. Barry tripped. The Frisbee fell into Parker's hands.

"Better than you," sang Parker as she strutted past him.  

Barry's retaliation came by a rough hold on her ankle, causing her to trip onto her knees. He plucked the Frisbee from her hands. 

"Keep trying, Sylas," he teased.

On his feet, Barry held out his hand. Parker slipped her fingers into Barry's outstretched palms. After pulling her from the ground, he continued to hold her hand, not quite ready to let go. 

"Four-hundred and twenty seven kPa's. Her Trauzl rating is around forty-five. Same as any plastique," announced Cisco. He gasped. "Plastique! First try..."

"You didn't really think this one out, did you?" asked Caitlin. In her hand, she held a boomerang. 

"Barry, may I speak with you?" asked Bette. 

Barry squeezed Parker's fingers before they allowed their hands to part, each going their separate ways. 

Parker crossed her arms over her chest. She slipped her gloveless hands under her armpits for warmth. Her ankle boots clicked against the pavement as she approached the huddled workers. 

"What are you two whispering about?" asked Parker. 

"Nothing," said Caitlin, at the same time Cisco said, "Parry!"

"Will you give that up, Cisco?" groaned Parker. 

"Did you see that lingering touch? Caitlin saw it, didn't you, Caitlin?"

Their eyes turned to the shy woman for an answer. Caitlin nodded, then was quick to hide her face behind a Frisbee. 

"I swear, you two---"

"What's wrong?" asked Barry. His arms snaked around her waist, sliding into her coat pockets. He interlaced his fingers between the gaps of her warm hands.

It was the, with that single movement, Parker completely understood why Cisco and Caitlin thought Barry and Parker had a connection.

"Nothing," said Parker. She noticed the slouch of his shoulders against her back. "What's wrong with you?"

"Iris posted about the Streak again. She signed her name to it," said Barry. 

"Oh, that is not good. If one of these bad meta-human's we're dealing with thinks she knows something..." said Cisco. 

"They may target her," sighed Barry. "I know."

××××

When they returned to S.T.A.R. Labs, Parker tugged Barry into Casa de Genius. 

"What are we doing in here?" asked Barry. 

"I was doing a little studying up on the Arrow. You've heard his voice disguise, haven't you?"

"Right."

Parker held a tiny black machine in her hand. She stuck it under her jaw, then, in a deeper voice, said, "Red Robin, yum!"

"Oh, Park," chuckled Barry. He cleared his throat. Voice deeper and echoing, he said, "I already figured that out."

Parker glared at his throat, figuring that was the source of his trick. She pressed a finger to his throat. He spoke her name. 

"You're vibrating your vocal chords, aren't you? Damn you," she muttered.

He kissed her cheek as an apology.

"Hey, lovebirds!" shouted Cisco over the speaker. "Get back to the Cortex!"

A somber atmosphere hit Parker and Barry like a bag of bricks when they entered the room. No one met their eyes, nor raised their heads. The two shared a worried look.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did Eiling find out you're here?" asked Barry. 

"No," said Bette, "Caitlin was about to give me the not-so-great news."

Caitlin nodded. "The shrapnel in your body has merged with you on a cellular level."

"The technology required to unsplice your DNA... It hasn't been invented," admitted Dr. Wells. 

Bette dropped her head. Her sniffle was heard by all. 

"Bette," mumbled Barry. 

"It's okay. Roger that. I... I just need a minute. Don't worry," assured Bette. She breezed past everyone, muttering, "Pretty sure I can cry without blowing stuff up."

Bette's absence caused a saddened silence. 

Parker was the first one to speak. "What now?"

"She joins us. Becomes a part of the team," said Barry. 

"Barry, you had the amazing ability to help people. She makes things explode," pointed out Caitlin. 

"She's the first meta-human not hell bent on destroying the city!" argued Barry. 

"It's too dangerous," dismissed Dr. Wells. 

"Well, she's not going into the pipeline," Parker protested.

"I'm not saying she's going into the pipeline. Were she to remain at S.T.A.R. Labs, it would put all of us at risk," said Dr. Wells. 

"From who?" asked Barry. 

"Eiling?" asked Parker. 

"Eiling is a dangerous man. We do not want him as an enemy."

Barry shook his head hopelessly. "After the lightning bolt, what if you hadn't found me? It could've been me. Hunted, on the run, cut off from everyone I know and care about. You guys saved me."

"And I want to save her just as bad as you do, Barry," agreed Caitlin softly. "We all do."

It was the end of their conversation, officially, but it was not the end for Barry, or Parker. They were going to help Bette, together. Giving up wasn't an option.