CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

Zacznij od początku

He creeps backwards and stands beside me. Blake wraps his arm around my waist and smiles.

"We should sneak away before someone decides to wake up."

"You're right about that." I chuckle.

Blake takes my hand and guides me to our bedroom. We flop onto our bed and stare at the ceiling. He pulls me to his side and kisses my forehead. His lips trail down my body and I groan.

"I miss you so much, but I'm so tired." I sigh. "When do we get our energy back, or is it time to admit we're getting old?"

"We're not old!" Blake shakes his head. "Anyone looking after a baby is tired, old or not."

"We're going to need bigger coffee cups now that we've got two little humans." I tap his leg.

"What happens when we have three? Do we just start shotting coffee like vodka or something?"

"Sounds like a later problem to me." I laugh.

Blake rolls onto his side and drapes his leg across my body.

"So when's later going to be?"

"At least a year and a bit, my lady bits need time to recover."

"Sounds like a good idea."

I cup his cheek and brush my thumb over his cheek. He brushes his nose against mine and captures my lips with his. I grip his waist and curl my fingers into the fabric of his t-shirt.

Blake hooks my leg over his hip and adjusts himself against me. I rake my fingers through his hair and deepen our kiss.

"Perhaps I have some energy to practice making babies." I chuckle.

"Now that sounds like an even better plan."

His hand trails along the length of my body, then slips into my pants.

"Daddy, Mummy."

Blake goes rigid and he sighs. His hand slips out of my pants and grabs my waist. I kiss his nose and he takes a deep breath.

"What's wrong, bub?"

"There's a monster under my bed again." She sniffles. "I told him to go home, but he said he likes sleeping under my bed. I'm scared he's going to steal my shoes again."

Blake softly chuckles, so I poke his stomach and shake my head.

Cries echo through the monitor and I bump my forehead against his. Damn it.

"We need another night away soon," Blake whispers. "This time we spend the whole weekend, not just one night because it isn't enough."

Paris's cries grow louder and we groan.

"You take Lo and I'll settle Paris," I say.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I nod. "Besides, I can't scare the monsters away like you."

As I push myself up, Blake tugs me back onto the bed. He cups my cheek and deeply kisses me.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I smile.

We pull each other up and stagger down the hallway, London trailing behind us. Blake stretches his arms above his head while I stifle a yawn.

He grabs my hand and squeezes it. When we make it to the hallway, Blake pulls me in for a kiss and our fingers slide away.

"You've got this!" He grins.

"Same to you, baby."

Blake cracks his knuckles and wanders into the room. I enter Paris's room and she's just squirming around in her cot. I stroke her cheek and plonk in the armchair.

Sometimes life is amazing and there's adventure, and sometimes life is hard and exhausting. I wouldn't change it because I love the person I've become and the wonderful family I have around me.

 I wouldn't change it because I love the person I've become and the wonderful family I have around me

I can't believe I'm writing an ending note . . . No more surprise books here :p Thank you to everyone who has read and supported this series over the many years it's taken me to write. 

Sometime soon, I'll be re-writing the entire series which will be like reading a brand new book once I'm done with it. In the distant future, I'll be writing a book for London, but I just want to clean up the storyline before I do that!

Keep this series in your library for updates or hit the follow button to stay updated through announcements! 

And if you're sad this story is ending, then . . .

Thank you again <3

Thank you again <3