CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Blake carries the tins of paint into the room and places them on the sheet. His green eyes trail over my stomach as I stretch my arms above my head. He hooks his arm around my waist and tugs my body against his strong chest.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss the end of his nose. Blake trails his fingers under my shirt and over my skin. His gentle touch causes goosebumps to erupt over my skin.

"It's a good thing we're on a time crunch because I need you now, right here." He trails kisses down the side of my neck which makes me chuckle.

His grip tightens on my waist, I slide my hand onto his chest and nudge him back.

"Please focus! We need some paint on the walls before we get distracted."

"I know you're right, but it's the first time we've had London out of the house in a while, the first time we can really enjoy ourselves without interruptions." He groans.

"Once the first coat is done, baby I'm all yours."

"Alrighty then." He sighs.

Blake wanders out of the room and I take the blue painter's tape and apply it around the window and power plugs. I like the idea of painting until I actually do it.

He returns with a bucket of water and some sponges. Blake tosses one and the water splats across my cheek. He places the bucket at my feet and grins.

"You're so lucky there's carpet in here, otherwise I'd throw the water on you." I glare.

"I'm sorry?"

"If you flick paint on me, I will beat you with this roller and you won't like it."

"Feisty Momma." He chuckles.

I raise an eyebrow which cuts his laughter.

"Seriously, I promise not to flick paint on you, well, on purpose at least."

With a frown, I drag the bucket to the wall and wash it.

The constant bending hurts but I push through the pain.

Once the walls are washed, Blake pours the pain into pans. We take a roller and work on a different wall. The soft grey looks amazing with the first coat.

* * * * *

Blake stands above me with a cheeky grin. I place my foot on his chest and push him away which makes him groan with annoyance. I stretch out and groan as the pain zaps through my lower back.

"Are you okay, or are you still annoyed about the water thing?"

"Since you're cooking my favourite foods for dinner tomorrow, you're forgiven. It's just my back playing up."