CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Axel wanders into the study and I plonk onto the desk chair. I take the snacks out of my bag and swirl around. He shakes his head and takes a seat on the floor.

I crack the container open and my stomach rumbles at the delicious aroma of sundried tomatoes and capcicum dip. I scoop a chunk onto the biscuit and moan with delight.

He resumes the music and picks up a collection of grey folders. He flicks through them before placing them into a small cardboard box.

"Do you want some help?"

"No, because you look content eating." He chuckles.

"Mm . . ." My gaze lingers on the dip, then I nod. "Yeah, you're right about that. I was unsure about the dip because it has sundried tomatoes, but damn, it's delicious."

"Just the company is nice, but the dip smells good." He nods.

I back away from Axel and hug the dip to my chest. He bursts into laughter and I grin. The chair rolls towards him and I hold the container out. Axel tries the dip and nods his head with approval.

"Did you make this?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"You need to make me some."

"I suppose I could do that." I chuckle.

Axel places more folders and paperwork into another box, then tapes it closed. He slides the boxes to the side and moves to the overflowing desk.

"Does Grace actually know how messy your place used to be?"

"Um." He frowns.

"Please don't ruin your relationship because you can't put things away."

Axel pouts, but I give him a stern look. His shoulders sag but he nods.

"I will try very hard to make sure that doesn't happen."

"That's good." I nod.

"How's things with Blake?"

"He doesn't leave his crap around the house, so things are good." I grin.

Axel rolls his eyes and sighs.

"What about the baby?"

I slide my hand over my tiny bump and grin.

"She's growing and healthy."

"How about you?"

"I'm growing and healthy."

Axel bursts into laughter and I smile.

"I'm happy to hear that."

I lean against the chair and swirl from side to side.