CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

London shakes the bag which makes her clothes tumble onto the carpet. She shoves a pile of unicorns into the bag and struggles to close the zip. Her blue eyes gaze over her shoulder as she pouts.

"Can you help me with the zip?"

"Why don't you take some out?"

She gasps and cradles the bag to her chest.

"I can't just leave one behind!"

A chuckle escapes my lips as I raise my hands to surrender.

"What about your clothes?"

"I know!" Her eyes light up as she springs into the air.

London races to the wardrobe and collects a second bag. She shoves her clothes into the bag and moves a few unicorns across. She closes the zips and grins at me.

"Good thinking!" I smile.

She slides one backpack on and carries the other into the lounge room. Blake races out of the kitchen and swings London into the air. Her backpack tumbles to the ground in favour of wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Are you leaving me?" He gasps.

"I'm never leaving." London clings onto his shirt.

"Why are you taking all the unicorns? Did I do a bad job of looking after them?" He pouts.

"You did okay. I can't leave one behind or they're all sad. I don't like being sad."

Blake kisses her cheek and smiles.

"We want you to be happy." He grins. "And I bet you haven't shown Grandma or Grandpa your new unicorns. You're going to have so much fun tonight. Perhaps you'll want to live there?"

"No," she screams. "I love you, and I want to live here."

"Okay." He chuckles. "I believe you."

She beams with happiness which trickles to us.

"Do you remember what we walked about before?"

"Um." She bites her lip. "Oh, about the-"

"Shh, it's top secret!"

"Ah." Lo covers her mouth with her hand.

The doorbell rings and Blake squeezes London. He showers her in kisses, then passes her over. London wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my cheek.

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes." She nods.

Blake grabs the pink backpack and we wander down the hallway. He opens the door and Mum grins with happiness.

"Hi Lo." She waves.

"Grandma," she cheers.

"Grandpa is waiting in the car for you!"