46

*

A.N: what is this mysterious witchcraft I hear you cry? Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy with other books but had a little bit of inspiration for this chapter.

Enjoy!

*

Early March 2020: Manchester Airport

"Do you really have to go?" Steph asks.

"I mean, we've got only two months of the season left, why not wait until then?" she shrugs, "well the league starts soon and if I want to be in with a chance of connecting with the players before, then yes, I have to go now" I sigh.

Steph frowns.

"Are you sure Stan was alright with this? I mean a long distance relationship, you will get about as much time off as her so you won't get the chance to see each other a lot...".

"It will be fine Steph. We spoke about it and we agreed it would be ok. We've naturally drifted apart so this separation gives us a chance to find someone else to give our love to" I smile weakly.

"I'm going to miss you and your philosophy so much" the captain says, rushing over to hug me, "me too" KB adds, joining the hug.

"It's not for too long and I'll come visit during the summer, I promise" I smile, grabbing my bags together for the final time, "see you guys on the other side and look after the team for me".

"We will".

I look over my shoulder one last time and then head to the gate, handing over the appropriate things before boarding.

*

Six hours later, the plane lands at the airport and I just about scramble through security etc before finding myself in the arrivals lounge.

I scan the people waiting and eventually see a sign that reads 'Miss Charlotte Williams'.

I head over and bundle my things into the waiting car outside, hoping to enjoy the journey to the club's training facility, but in reality, my phone buzzes interrupting my moment of calm.

From Steph H

Hey, hope you landed safely! Everyone is sad without you here, even Nick but I'm sure you're living the dream out there. Let us know how you're first day goes and remember we're here if you need anything x

I send her a quick reply and then proceed to look out of the window, admiring the view until ten minutes later, we pull up outside.

"Here you go Miss".

"Thank you" I smile.

The driver helps me pull my bags from the boot of the car before driving off and leaving me stood on the doorstep of the NC Courage training facility. I hurry inside, for fear it's about to rain heavily and stumble up in front of the reception desk.

"Hi I'm Charlotte Williams, I'm here to see Paul Riley" I recite and the woman smiles up at me, handing me a pass before directing me down a hallway.