45

*

"Lottie slow down!" Keira shouts from behind me, as I rush towards the hospital, "he's in the best place, its alright" she adds; making me stop in my tracks.

I can hear her footsteps approaching and then an arm goes round my shoulders as Keira guides me in through the hospital doors and asks at reception for the ward Stan's dad is on, before walking me down through the corridors and up some stairs to Ward 11.

When we arrive, Keira once again asks at the nurses station for which room and then leads me down yet another corridor to a side room.

"You go first" she urges, pushing me slightly in the back and closer to the door, my hand falling in the handle to open it. I'm greeted by Lucy's mum sat in the chair opposite, looking up to see who I am, Stan's younger brother on his phone in the corner and her dad in the bed reading a magazine but hooked up to various machines and an IV drip.

Lucy herself is nowhere to be seen.

"Charlotte, how lovely to see you" Bev says, standing up to hug me as her brother looks up from his phone.

"Surprise, surprise. Fancy seeing you here" Jake says and to an outsider it would look like he's being obstructive but that's just a front, "come here" he smiles, also hugging me. "Who's that?" Jake asks and I suddenly remember Keira stood by the door, "only kidding, hi Keira" he replies and she comes over to hug him and Lucy's mum as well.

Just as I'm about to say hello to her dad, the door opens again and this time it's the midfielder who walks through it; her mouth falling open at the sight of us. "You came" she whispers and if it wasn't for the silence already in the room, you wouldn't have been able to hear her, "of course I did" I smile.

Within seconds she has covered the small distance between us and is pulling me in for a hug, which I gladly oblige; hugging her tightly back.

*

"How was tour?" Lucy asks, "great, I got to see Lily and HAO so that was nice" I reply, looking to Walshy for her answer.

"Humid, very humid" she says, "the first night we arrived there was a thunderstorm and then we had an hour delay during the game as well because of another storm" she adds. "An hour?" Lucy asks astonished, "yup, they had to make sure it was safe, although we didn't stop play for ten minutes until we were sure" I explain.

"It was a good experience to play the Courage and they caused us some problems, gave us an interesting game that we can learn lots of things from" Keira says.

"Ellie earned her spot on camp within the first ten minutes. She was absolutely brilliant" she adds, "Ellie is the young keeper who went to the World Cup with you as experience yes?" Stan's mum asks and Lucy nods; "yeh, she's lovely and a really good keeper" she explains.

A nurse interrupts our conversation, coming in to check the machines and how Lucy's dad is doing before leaving us in peace again.

"Lucy said you were the analyst for Man City not too long ago, how come your assistant manager now?" Bev asks, "well I guess I did such a good job as analyst and both Nick and Gavin liked my work that when the time came to choose a new assistant; they chose me" I explain.

"And how are you finding it?" she asks, "it's great, my connection with the girls helps" I smile.

"She's filled Alan's shoes brilliantly" Keira adds, "I don't think we could have found a more understanding and outstanding assistant manager" she smiles. "Keira don't say stuff like that, I'm just doing my job" I reply, tears in my eyes, "your my friend, I'm supposed to say stuff like that" the midfielder adds.

"I'm glad you two are having a heart to heart but I'm your girlfriend" Stan says, "and I'm hers" a voice says from the door and we all turn to see Bronzey in the doorway. "Ahh, it's like a mini reunion" Bev smiles, standing up to hug Lucy, the rest of us following in turn before the defender greets Stan's dad and they have a small conversation.

"Good to see you" he says as Lucy sits down in a chair next to Keira, putting an arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer; kissing her head.

"Good to see you all too".

*

A/N

Sorry it's a bit short 😝

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Guess who's got tickets to the Scotland v Cyprus game at Easter Road!!!!!!!!!! Going to go up to Aberdeen and Inverness first though and then I've got to get my nan to send my Emslie shirt up here as well before we go back down to Edinburgh.

I'm soo excited, it's only my second SWNT game, the first was the USA game last November, we did the England v Sweden game first and then drove up to Glasgow the next day. 

I'm hoping that we're going to get to go to a couple of the other Euro2021 qualifiers next year as well, I want to do the Portugal game in particular especially if Mathilde Fidalgo makes the Portugal squad for the game.

I'm so excited to watch the girls again, Caroline and Claire even if she has left City.

Dad started a trend at the USA game of shouting what we used to at City, of Beaattsss!! And someone posted a photo on Twitter that they had made something with Beaattsss! on so dad was Twitter famous for one night 😂

HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT AT THE CYPRUS GAME 😫

I'll try and put some photos up in another chapter once I've been 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

*