35

*

Semi-final game-day

Back in France and the temperature is looking nothing I've ever experienced before, I mean I was melting when I came out for the other games but this is 40 degree heat and I'm sooooo warm; it's unbelievable.

I've spent most of the day inside places with air con or in the pool, trying to keep my body temperature as low as possible and thinking about business back in Manchester.

Now that Lisa is settled, we are thinking about bringing in a couple more players, one hopefully being Aoife Mannion from Birmingham. Nick has been on it trying to meet the requirements etc while I've been scouting through sources from the WSL looking for someone to fit our ethos and style of play.

The Lucy Graham deal fell through and she ended up at Everton while Ali Johnson was snapped up from under our noses by Casey Stoney and Man United.

Haz has also decided to leave Everton, although it hasn't been announced yet and she hasn't a. decided on who she'll play for next or b. told me anything. I hate being left in the dark but it's her life, her career and her future to think of not mine, she is making the right decision for herself and I'll be pleased wherever she ends up well perhaps not Untied but let's hope that doesn't happen eh.

Almost on que, my phone rings and it's my sister, "hey Haz" I smile down the phone, "hi Lottie. Enjoying the life in France?" she asks and I laugh. "You could say that yeh" I reply, "but I'm also thinking about work" I add and it's Angharad's turn reply with a sarcastic comment.

"So, what do you want?" I ask, "I called to let you know which club's want me to sign for them" she replies and I find myself holding my breath.

"Go one" I say, voice slightly strained from halting my breathing, "Manchester United, you guys, Birmingham and West Ham all want to sign me" my sister explains and I let out a shaky breath.

"Right, I have two questions, one which club do you think is best for you and don't be bias because I'm at City and two since when did we want to sign you?" I ask, "I don't know that's I rang for your opinion" she replies.

"I don't think Birmingham is a good option because they're going to get off to a slow start, I just don't think it's a good move. Surely West Ham is too far away from me and Amy up here, obviously you'd be with Amy if you want to United and you've played together before..." I reply.

"Then if you come to us, well that's a whole different kettle of fish".

*

There is a lot of USA fans.

And when I mean a lot, I mean loads; thousands even.

They probably outnumber the Lionesses fans 6:1, I don't know, I'm no good with ratios etc.

Despite the fact they're outweighed, the England fans are signing loud and proud, making some of the American fans heads turn.

They're singing all the classics from Millie Bright, Bright, Bright to England's number one, England's England's number one and two of my personal favourites, Super Steph Houghton and Nikita's on fire. I stand and listen for moment, just to take in the atmosphere as well as videoing some of the singing to post later.

Eventually I tear myself away and wade through the crowds outside to get to the family/friends entrance so I can escape inside.

Not only am I here to support the girls tonight and also live my dream of watching a big World Cup semi final live, I've also come in a work capacity, scouting out the NC Courage players for our pre-season tour in a few weeks time.