6: The Dog

I wake with a start. A loud noise runs through the factory making me jump up. Running out of my room I stop at the metal railing of the outside catwalk looking for who could have set the alarm off. My eyes land on a dog. A very big dog.

He looks up at me tilting his head to the side before he lowers into a definsive stance and lets out a loud growl.

"Woah there." I say calmly walking towards the stairs, the cold metal freezing my bare feet.

He backs up a little more before he continues to watch me.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I say kneeling down on the cement floor.

He lets out another low growl going to lunge at me. But I do the only thing I can think of and lower myself showing my most vunerable parts like my neck. He stops and sniffs my head before laying down in front of me.

"Good boy." I say slowly petting him. "Good boy." I repeat letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

My heart slows from the rapid beating it was giving my chest.

"So how'd you get in here?" I ask him petting his head slowly.

Standing with him I start walking the walls of the factory like I've done a thousand times. The only way in is the front door which is closed tightly. How the hell did he get in?

A high whistle makes me freeze. He had help. Turning I find three very big bikers standing just out of the way of the door and the stairs leading up.

The huskie runs to the middle man's side and sits obedient. Glancing between my two best options I mentally kick myself. I should have just fucking ran. Why the hell didn't I run?

My eyes zero in on their leather vests and I let out a slight breath. Not life threatening for me right now.

"Why the hell are you squatting in Kings Territory?" The middle man with the patch of president asks.

I know that face... I know him. He was that biker that almost hit me on his motorcycle. I need to go. Swallowing hard and licking my lips I glance between the door and the stairs again.

I need my money and journal. Just those two things and I can pick up and run. I'll just have to spread my spending out.

"Answer m-" Before the president can get his sentence out I'm sprinting towards the stairs.

I get halfway up when strong fingers grip my ankle and I'm falling forward. I manage to catch myself before my face hits the metal stairs.

"You ain't goin anywhere." A different voice growls but I'm already kicking my leg out and cracking him in the face.

It's not the first time I've ran away from someone up stairs. Pushing myself up I bear crawl slash run up the rest of the stairs and across the catwalk my feet somehow silent.

"Come back here!" The fimilure words make me run harder.

Getting to my room I slam the door shut and lock it. Quickly I go to the corner of my room and start shoving things in my bag like a did two months ago. Only they aren't counting. They aren't waiting. The metal door springs open and slams against the wall just as I get halfway out of the window I managed to pry open.

It's about a twenty foot drop with only trash at the bottom to protect my fall. Better to risk it. I can't stay. Dropping the bag out I ignore how long it takes to hit the bottom and shove myself the rest of the way out.

Lightness hits me as my stomach flips like I'm on a bad roller coaster. Before I can really fall I see a hand come out of the window and capture my wrist. No. My body hits the side of the building and the air is knocked out of me while my shoulder threatens to come out.

"Let me go." I whisper as the president drags me back through the window.

"You're coming with us." He mutters making me stand even though my heart is racing and my legs are threatening to buckle from beneath me.

"Ahh boss- you might wanna look at this." One of the other guys says.

I'm passed off to someone else as the president walks towards the wall. The wall with everything I know on it besides from the dirt I have in the notebook.

"Why the fuck do you have my number?!" He growls but I'm physically done for.

Maybe I'm having a panic attack or maybe I'm starting the fainting spells again, but all I know is the darkness is closing in and I feel my knees hit the floor before everything is black.

I wake up dazed with my hands tied to a chair, and my feet bound. No. Not again.

"I'll be good dad... I'll be good." I slur flashing to a year ago.

One year ago

I shouldn't have went out. I should have known better. Dad grabs my hair dragging me down the hallway towards the room. I'm strapped to the chair as he walks over to the wall.

Knives hang there along with saws, and any other things he calls his toys.

"You remember what happens to bad girls, sunshine?" I shake as he skims his fingers over the blades choosing carefully.

"I'm sssory... I won't do iit again."

"What did I tell you!" He yells grabbing a knife and spinning to glare at me.

"That bad girls get punished!"

Present day

Cold water is splashed on me making my eyes snap open. I look around trying to pry myself from the chair. There is a table in front of me with a chair on the other side, and in it sits the President. He's hotter than I remember.

"Who are you?"