4: The Bridge

As we near I hear the familiar sounds of drunkin yelling and fists hitting bone. Rock music blares, and a few spot lights in the back of trucks are pointed towards the makeshift circle that was really just a painted ring.

Energy cracks in the air along with the speakers that the guy in a Kings jacket is announcing on a microphone.

"Alright! Next fight of the night! In the right side, a 5'9 one hundred and seventy pound powerhouse Stevie Ransom!!" Loud cheers go through the crowd.

He must be a favorite.

"In the left 6'0, 160 pound newbie Ray Jewels! Ready?! Fight!" The announcer yells.

He's young and on the shorter side with gages in his ears.

The sound of bodies hitting together drag my eyes back to the circle. Ray has good potential being that he has a longer reach and is a little quicker than Stevie. But then again there must be something that makes Stevie a cheerable fighter.

"Hey babygirl." I hear someone call making me body tense at the name.

I get a look from Three who turns to look where the words came from.

"Traylor!" Three yells running behind me.

I turn slowly catching sight of the leather jacket. Biker.

"So kid who's your friend?" The guy asks his eyes dragging up and down me.

"Tray this is Nyx, she works with me." Three says. "Nyx this is my older brother Tray."

He glares at the part when she mentioned work.

"I see." He gives me a different look from the first one.

"Anyways you two enjoy the fights. Feel free to hit up the keg stand for some free beer." He gives me a look before hugging his sister and walking away.

"Nice guy." I mutter turning back to the fight to see Stevie completely pounding Ray's face in.

Well he sure is a closer. Crossing my arms I roll back onto my heels getting bored. I need to get out of here. To many bikers for comfort. The smell of beer and cigs swim in the air with the iron bite of blood.

As Ray loses conciseness I roll my eyes shaking my head. Chump.

"What's with the eye roll?" Three asks.

"The only reason Ray got knocked was because he let Stevie get the best of him. He wore him out and jumped." She gives me a wide eyed look.

That's the most I've said to her ever.

"I'd like to see you do better." A drunk biker to my right says his eyes glassy from his drink.

"Bet." I say turning to face him as a sudden wash of confidence hits me.

"Alright then." He says smiling at me and walking over to the announcer guy.

What the hell did I just get myself into?

"What are you thinking? Do you have a death wish?" Three asks.

I shrug not knowing what to say.

"Alright! Listen up people! We are going to have a walk in! So the woman in a black shirt, and sweatpants come to the circle!" Three gives me a wide eyed look before I head towards the circle.

"Okay! Now this girl says she can fight so let's give her someone to fight. Any volenteers?"

I leave my hands to my sides trying to appear relaxed even though my heart is thundering in my chest. I've known how to fight since I was young when my father still liked me. He taught me the basics, and then one of the guys who was sent to keep me in check had noticed the new bruises I had everytime he came over.

He couldn't do anything but he taught me how to protect myself as much as I could. It didn't work when you have three people attacking you. Then living on the streets has really made me fight. I will be fine hopefully. If not I can take a fucking beating.

The crowd starts chanting a name.

"Light! Light! Light! Light!" I glance around seeing a tough looking girl walk into the circle.

"Alright! Here we go. Let's see how this plays out!" The guy with the microphone steps into the circle walking towards me.

"What's your name sweetheart?" He asks.

My eyes narrow on him as I say my name into the microphone.

"Nyx."

He smiles.

"Like the name. Alright can everyone please explain the rules to her?"

In unison they yell out the rules I've known since I snuck out to my first fight I betted on.

They list off no biting, no hair pulling, no rules. Which that makes the first two rules make no sense but it's how this works.

"Fight!" The guy yells walking out of the circle.

Before I can think Light is running at me. Ducking her punches I slip into autopilot as I move. Light keeps swinging as the crowd watches and yells out cheers.

"Stop running sunshine. Your daddy will find you soon anyway." Light growls and I freeze at the nickname my father used to call me. She knows who I am. That's when I see the neck tattoo. Oh no.

She winks at me before she trys to slam her fist into me. I quit fucking around and grab her fist mid punch. Everyone around us freezes. In one quick motion I twist it causing her to fall to her knees. A look of pain crosses her face as I lean in.

"You fucking tell anyone you found me... I'll find you and blow your brains out Light. I've got eyes all over." I didn't really have eyes everywhere. Hell I wasn't sure what the Bastards were up to half the time, but she didn't need to know that.

She already knows to much about me. She's a damn Bastard and might be the reason I die.

"Got it?" I sneer.

She nods quickly and I nod in return going to let her hand go but not before I bring my knee up cracking her nose.

"Well that was quick." The announcer says shaking his head.

I glare at the drunk biker who doubted me and walk towards Three.

"Dang girl where'd you learn to do that?" I shrug not offering an answer.

I need to go. If a random fighter knows who I am who is there to say that none of these other people know me too.

"I'll see you later Three." Her face pinches in confusion at my words.

I try to smile before walking away from the crowd. Or I try to when I run face first into a hard body.

"Fuck, sorry." The wall of a man says.

"It's fine." I mutter going to walk around him when he stops me.

"Hey wait don't I know you from somewhere?" He asks.

I freeze turning to look at him.

"I was in the circle." I say scanning his face to see if I would know him.

I don't recognize him so instantly I scan his jacket and let out a relieved sigh when I see he's a king.

"Well that must be where I know you from. I'm Ames." He introduced himself while offering me his hand.

I smile shaking it.

"Nyx." I say.

"Ohh I saw you walk in with Three that's where I've seen you aside from the circle. Hey and by the way nice job against Light."

"Thanks. Well I gotta go." I nod to him.

"See you around Nyx." He says winking at me before walking away.