Cuddle Me Up In Your Arms Made Of Clouds

Tadashi's POV

I yawn and in response Cherry yawns too, going further by fully extending her arms and in a moment of forgetting I'm there opens her mouth, looking like a tired child. I smile fondly - she's very cute when she chooses to show it. She's even chosen to let her hair down tonight.

"Right, I think that's enough studying for one extremely late night," I begin to gather up all our papers and question sheets strewn across the table and arranging them into their piles; strangely, Cherry doesn't protest. Instead she yawns again and goes into her bedroom and closes the door, leaving me there in her cramped kitchen and living room. Apparently I've been forgotten again. To be fair, since exams started she's been doing it a lot, but I'm okay with that.

I finish organising the papers and am slipping my jacket on when Cherry's door opens. She comes out in an oversized T-shirt and socks with her hair down, rubbing her eyes and yawning. Hang on - that looks a little like one of my tops I lost; even has the same motif of a hiker on top of a hill...

"Bella?" she calls sleepily, and I conclude she's gotten so tired she can't even remember or notice that I'm here. From her spot on the tattered and hairy fleece on the floor that seems to have been long since claimed her own Bella leaps off and waddles happily over to her owner, and I pick the dog up and bring her to Cherry's bed quicker, in the process walking past Cherry and causing her eyes to squint and blink.

"What the-? Tadashi?" she asks curiously and sleepily, a side that I've never seen before and probably never will again. I put the dog down and smile at her, in awe of how adorable she looks as I say gently,
"Hi there Cherry. You didn't send me away when you finished studying, do you remember?" She doesn't reply and just stares at me swaying slightly, and I add, "I really think you should get to sleep, so I'll lead you into bed right here," I gently take Cherry's hand from her side and lead her back into her bedroom with caution, and sit her down and pull back the sparse cover, "and then I'll put the bedcover over you like so," and I do so, "and now I'll just let myself out and lock the door behind me and put the keys through the door so I can't get back in, yeah? That sound nice?"

Cherry mumbles incoherently and rolls over on the mattress. She falls asleep instantly.
Unfortunately, she is still holding onto my hand with the same vice-like grip Hiro used to have when I put him to bed, so as she rolls I get viciously jerked right over her and cartoonishly thump onto the space on the mattress next to her.
I try to wriggle off the bare mattress and remove her hand from mine, but this woman is very strong for how fragile she looks from years of sparse diet and exercise. Her fingers clamp round mine and I struggle for a little more then give up and lie on the mattress next to her.
How do I get out of this?

Although... I look at her and smile fondly again at her immediate slumber, her nightshirt that may or may not be mine smoothed underneath the sheet and her face a picture of bliss and peace. Her lips are parted slightly so she can breathe quietly and her brown eyelashes are fanned out, giving me along with her messy brown hair shining in the moonlight and her chest rising slowly up and down the vision of an angel.

...Could I stay for just a little longer?

No, Tadashi! I tell myself, and give myself a tiny slap across my cheek with my free hand. You know who does that sort of thing? Creeps! And you know who definitely doesn't watch over their crushes whilst they're sleeping? Beyonce.

I inhale to prepare for the pain and start to prise open Cherry's fingers so mine can scuttle free. After what seems like an hour I wriggle my hand out of hers and slowly start getting off the mattress, trying my best not to make more noise than I already am with the old springs. After another small age I stand up without her waking, and tiptoe out of her bedroom and silently pull on my shoes. As I'm tying the laces Bella leaps off the bed and to me at the front door, butting her wet nose on my hands.