12 | teeth

"Lowery, are you still there?" Hayley yelled into the radio as she ran towards the destination she needed

"Hey, where are you?" Lowery replied.

"I need you to open Paddock 9."

"Paddock 9? You kidding?"

Hayley stopped, out of breathe before speaking into the radio again, "Damn it, Lowery, be a man and do something for once in your life."

Lowery whined, "Why do you have to make it personal?" Lowery did what he was told and opened the Paddock. Hayley light the flare she had grabbed from the emergency first aid kit in the gift shop.

Rexy slowly approached her trainer before stopping in front of her, Hayley pressed a soft hand to her head before taking off in a sprint. Rexy followed her trainer and Hayley had seriously underestimated how fast she could be. Hayley ran towards the Plaza, throwing the flare on the Indominus Rex, before ducking for safety. She looked up to find Owen staring at her, in worry before they looked up to watch the two dinosaurs battle.

Hayley watched as the Indominus Rex tore into Rexy, before throwing her around and into the gift shop. She watched as the dinosaurs fought way too close to the people she cared about before yelling, "Run." Claire, Owen and the boys ran towards her, hiding behind a rock as they watch the fight. Owen hugged her from behind and she gasped in slight pain, she had forgotten about the injury to her back.

Just as the Indominus Rex tried to bite Rexy in the throat, one of the Velociraptors came running, distracting the Indominus Rex, allowing Rexy to gain enough some fight. The two dinosaurs fought once again, moving all over the Plaza as they tried to run away from the fighting zone. Rexy managed to push the Indominus Rex close enough to the water, allowing the Mosasaurus to grab the Indominus Rex by the neck, pulling it into the water.

Hayley could feel her wound open again, blood pooling before finally passing out from the pain

"You sure as hell have a way of scaring me, little one."

Hayley groaned as she sat up on the bed, "Piss off, big giant. What the hell happened?" She couldn't remember much, just the fight and pain. So much pain.

Scott rolled his eyes at his little sisters comment, "You passed out from the pain. The scratches were pretty deep and the doctor says you should be making a full recovery but you will have scars."

Hayley sighed, "Thank you. How are the boys and Claire?"

"They're fine , worried about you, Of course. I told them you'd see them when you're ready but there is someone has been waiting for you." Scott spoke before pressing a kiss to her head. Hayley looked up confused until she spotted Owen.

"You scared me." Owen sighed as he sat down next to Hayley. He didn't want to admit it but in the short time he had known her, he really came to care for her. She's was different, feisty and she sure kept him on his toes.

"Don't worry, Grady, you're not getting rid of me anytime soon."

"Good, because I'm just starting to like you."