10 | reassure

"See totally safe

"See totally safe." Claire said with a tired smile as she showed Zach and Grey the back of the van.

Hayley turned to face her young nephews, before pulling them both in tightly for a hug. Gray buried his face in her torso, while Zach buried his face in her neck. Hayley pulled away and sighed softly.

"Take care of each other. I promise I'll be right here with you but you have to stay close to each other." Hayley worriedly spoke.

"I'll take care of him." Zach said wrapping his arm around Gray. Hayley smile before pulling them in once more, before helping them get into the back of the van safely. Hayley gave them a reassuring smile before going back to the cage, stopping next to Owen. Owen looked at her in question, but she shook her head in response. She knew he was worried about her but they had bigger things to worry about. Hayley took a shaky breath as she felt her back itch with irritation but at least the bleeding had stopped.

Owen held the Indominous flesh up to Charlie and Delta. Once they had familiarised themselves with the scent, everyone got into their cars and in Owen's case, motorcycles, ready.

Hayley walked over to Owen who was leaning against his bike. He moved towards her with his open arms. Hayley walked into his arms, wrapping her arms around his torso. She laid her head on his chest, while his head rested on her own. They held each other in a comfortable silence.

"If anything happens-" Hayley started but Owen cut her off.

"Don't say that." He sighed as he tightened his arms around her.

"Owen-" Hayley started.

Owen cupped her face, and gently pressed his lips to hers own. Hayley kissed back, trying to take in the moment as neither of them knew what was ahead of them. They pulled away and he smiled sadly, taking her hands in his.

Hayley shook her head, "I'm going to go with my nephews and Claire. My family means the world to me and I promised my brother I'd make sure they were safe, I can't break such a promise." As much as she wanted to go with Owen, she knew he could take care of himself. Her nephews were her top priority at the moment.

"Stay safe." Owen smiled softly before kissing the top of her head, lingering for a moment.

"I will. Just promise you'll come back to me?"

"Always."