𝐕𝐈𝐈∥man down.

it wasn't a bad dream

it wasn't a bad dream. neither was it a good one.

yerim is seen hugging her legs against the side of a bench, already awake. jungeun of course, is already stretching. she's always the earliest one to wake up. chaewon is still dozing off.

"something tells me you had a bad dream," yerim says. "it's shown you something you need to know, right? because mine did."

"i was a pretty fucking horrible person," hyejoo buried her face in her hands.

"well, even if that was true in real life, your death could've been something unfortunate for someone," yerim pointed out. "maybe you should think of resurrecting as being for their sake."

i did have a friend who came to see me, hyejoo thought. and mom could be waiting for me too. "i hope you're ready for this, chaewon."

"huh, me?" chaewon has woken up. "is something gonna happen today? you look nervous."

"it seems like my words made you really want to get resurrected," yerim grinned. "i know i can help you satisfy that desperation."

"you're going to help me with my task, right?" hyejoo looked into her eyes.

"if you tell me what it is," said yerim. "i'll do whatever i can to help."

if hyejoo told her what it was, it would basically be telling her to go die, wouldn't it?

"woah yerim, you're not thinking of killing yourself, are you?" chaewon gasped, oblivious of what had just spilled out of her mouth.

"chaewon." jungeun glared.

"oops, sorry," chaewon shrunk down on her seat.

fuck, now she knows what my task is, hyejoo cursed. no way she's going to help me if it involves her dying.

"alright, kill me then." yerim simply said, resulting in everyone staring at her in shock.

they knew there was something special about that girl. but they definitely did not expect this.

"so uh, just like chaewon said," hyejoo started. "i need someone to die in order to progress on my task. but the thing is - i don't want to kill just anyone."

"oops, i guess i was out of line there," yerim laughed. "i'm sorry. but if you need me later, you could always tell me."

"christ, where's this conversation going? it's scaring me," chaewon coughed.

"it seems that our dreams have put us all on edge," jungeun said. "but i believe that we all still agree that our first target is san."

chaewon shivers. "all this talk about killing so early in the morning..."

a solid crackle of gunfire cuts off her words. chaewon shrieks and grabs hyejoo by the arm as a first instinct. "that wasn't from nearby, was it?"

"seems like san's in battle from far away, i can recognize the sound of his firearm," jungeun grabs hold of her shotgun. "this might be the opportunity we've all been waiting for. i must go now-" in hurried footsteps, she leaves the church on her own.