𝐈𝐈𝐈∥butterfly.

following the sounds of the gunshots, the two had assumed san's victim was light on their feet and therefore a very agile dodger

they ended up running back in a circle, to the old mall where san first killed a man and introduced himself. so much for wasting our time, hyejoo thought.

"... so, any last words?" his familiar, cunning voice was heard from inside.

"don't- don't do it, please," a blonde-haired girl sobs, crouching and back pressed against a wall. her hand is holding onto her left shoulder, blood pouring and spreading through her shirt.

"you know what, i wish i could," san grins from ear to ear. "i was hoping for a dumb funny story or something along those lines."

"actually, okay! just give me a second-"

san yawns, unamused. "yeah, take your time." that bastard. he's toying with her, olivia frowns and looks jungeun in the eyes. jungeun's eyes say: "no" in large font. but being hyejoo, she ignores.

"didn't your parents teach you not to bully girls, asshole?" hyejoo shouts, standing right in the middle of the doorway. she catches jungeun facepalming at the corner of her eye.

"woah!" san laughs, visibly entertained by hyejoo's presence. "i knew i'd see you again, olivia."

"you're a fucking pain in the ass, you know that, san?"

"i'm aware," san says, loading his handgun. he then points it at the blonde, who's currently huddled in a corner and staring at hyejoo. "i know you're somewhere here too, jungeun. i'll shoot if you try any-"

jungeun had already rammed into san. hyejoo still can't figure out what she's trying to do. she loads her shotgun, pressing it right onto san's head. "your name, miss?"

the blonde shifts her gaze from hyejoo and looks at jungeun. "uh, huh?"

"your name."

"uhh, what? me? it's, uhh. chaewon," the blonde stutters.

"chaewon, i'm jungeun."

damn, she's kinda badass, hyejoo thinks at the back of her brain.

"we don't have much time, so let's make this quick," jungeun looks chaewon dead in the eyes. "do you allow me to shoot this annoying man with my gun?"

"what? uh, yeah."

"thank you for your answer." jungeun immediately pulls the trigger, but san had already moved away from the muzzle.

"woah, almost got myself killed there," san also holds his weapon up, shooting and just missing jungeun by her stomach.

chaewon screams.

"see, olivia? that's how normal people react to a gunshot."

did she just compare me to that girl? hyejoo rolls her eyes.