𝐈𝐈∥doubt.

hyejoo's body spikes awake, hands clutching her chest

hyejoo's body spikes awake, hands clutching her chest. a gunshot wound, but... no blood?

was that the last thing she saw before she died?

jungeun...

we may not recognize each other and end up becoming friends, since none of us has memory.

i should be more careful with the people i run into now.

"how are you feeling, olivia?"

hyejoo arches her neck, and there jungeun stands. "i didn't see you there," she scratches her nape.

"must've been unaware of your surroundings, because of the dream you had," jungeun holds out a hand and helps her up from the ground.

"i was having a nightmare until i woke up," hyejoo says.

"i had a dream too," jungeun sits down on the stone beside her.

"was it a sad one?"

"no, actually," jungeun replies, to hyejoo's surprise. "in fact it was a really uninteresting one. i was forcing myself to do something - that i didn't want to do. i wanted to wake up as soon as possible."

she spoke in a way heavier tone than she did the day before, suggesting that hyejoo shouldn't ask any more questions.

"come to think of it," jungeun adds. "i believe we all woke up around the same time. and that we all fell asleep at the same time, too."

"so that we don't have to worry about being ambushed at night," hyejoo continues with jungeun's thought process. "i'm guessing hunger isn't a thing when you're half dead. but i'd literally die for some kimchi right now."

"i want porkbone soup," jungeun groans, stretching her back.

"what, like gamja-tang?" hyejoo displays an undecipherable expression on her face.

"yeah, do you not like it?" jungeun puts on an offended face.

"i do, but the weather's so hot."

"i like spicy food regardless of what season it is," she grins.

hyejoo likes it way better when she isn't talking like an old man.

"anyway, how's your compass?" jungeun leans over. hyejoo takes the object out again, which always seems to end up in her right pocket. the needle still isn't moving. "let's try and reach your destination before san shows up again."

half an hour passes, and rain begins to pour. the compass leads them into an old 15-storey apartment, where the roof had been completely torn off, removing the building's purpose of shelter.

"the needle's been pointing to that dresser since we entered," hyejoo says, making her way over to it. gladly, it's not locked. she takes out an old gun from the top compartment, like a mini uzi of some sort.