CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

    "Paris," I say.

    "Aw, that's a beautiful name!"

    "Thank you." I smile.

    "Would you like to hold her?" Blake stops pacing to rock a sleeping Paris.

    "Are you sure?"

    "Yes." He quickly nods.

    Freya takes a seat and Blake gently places Paris in her arms. Our hearts stop as Paris's eyes open, then flutter closed.

    "Oh my." Freya gasps. "She's so tiny!"

    London and Angela return with muffins which keeps Lo happy. Angela hugs Jude, then plops beside Freya and Paris.

    "I wish Jude and Blake were this tiny, but they were big babies," Angela comments.

    "Really?" Freya chuckles.

    "I think I have a baby album around here somewhere," she mutters.

    "Please don't do that." Jude cringes.

    "Oh please." Freya eagerly nods.

    "We're going to put Paris to bed and catch some sleep ourselves."

    "I'm surprised Mum doesn't have a nursery set up." Jude laughs.

    "I do." Angela grins. "I changed your room into the nursery and Blake's into Lo's bedroom. Well, any grandchild can stay in these rooms."

    "What?" Jude gasps.

    "You moved out, you don't need your room."

"I'll put Paris to bed so that you two can sneak away and enjoy some sleep."

    "Thank you, Mum."

    Blake pushes himself off the couch and wanders to the bookshelf. He reaches for a book on the top shelf and passes it to Angela.

    "There's the family photo album."

    "Thanks, Blake!"

    Jude scowls while Blake snickers.

    "That's what you get for calling my baby an alien."

    Jude glares while Blake takes my hand and leads me outside. We enter our old place and I'm taken back by how different it looks with boxes and old furniture cluttering the space.

    He leads me up the stairs and we dive onto the bed that's still here. I curl into his chest and he kisses my forehead.

    "We have so many memories in this room. It's kind of crazy to be back here."

    "So much pain and happiness." Blake sighs.

    "Sometimes I wish we could skip back to the beginning, do it all over again."

    "What would you change?"

    "All the times I hurt you, like leaving you after Ivan."

    "As much as it hurt, I'm glad you left. You became this strong, independent woman who helped me get through the custody trial. I wouldn't change anything about our past, other than spending more time with you."

    "We can fix that now." I smile.

    Blake cups my cheek and brushes his warm lips against mine. His fingers slide into the base of my hair and he tugs on the brown strands.

    He pushes himself on top and I wrap my arms around his neck. Blake kisses my forehead, my nose, then my lips. I nip his bottom lip and he chuckles.

    Blake trails kisses down my neck and onto my chest. He pushes my shirt up and kisses across my stomach and back up to my chest.

    I trail my fingers through his hair and sigh.

    "We can't do anything fun for another week or two."

    "That's unfortunate, but I can appreciate my wife's amazing body." He winks.

    "I hope I have enough energy for this."

    "We'll find energy, we seem to be good at that." He laughs.

    Blake's hands roam my body and I giggle.

    "You're crazy, we should be sleeping!"

    "You're the crazy one for not taking advantage of this free time."

    "I can't be bothered arguing with you."

    "That's good, because I was always going to win." He winks.

    Blake kisses down my body and I grip onto the pillow to stifle my moans.

    For a tiny moment, it feels like we're back in time, a time where I'm not exhausted or covered in baby vomit and breast milk, and it feels damn good.

It's so weird to read Baby Steps then Passing Motions 😱