Chapter 37: Suspicious

Start from the beginning

"Plus I knew him beforehand and it just so happened to work out that way."

"So what about the restaurant?" I question. What does he need the restaurant for if he could just as easily have some nice headquarter?

"Everyone knows where the FBI headquarters is. I wasn't about to fuck with people that often. If they know exactly where we are, they'll be bothering us. So I settled for the restaurant," he shrugs.

"The only time I didn't get to choose who was coming here was when the new girl came, whatever the fuck her name was. They thought she'd be an okay fit. She's fine, not doing any fieldwork," he rolls his eyes.

"Her name is Jaqueline," I remind him of her name.

"Like I give a shit," he grumbles.

"What about Jake? He never went to any type of training place," I wonder.

"He was a friend of Theo's and he wanted to help out. I let him because I could see he was a good kid. As soon as he turned the right age, he was going to go to the training facility but," he trails off and I nod, understanding.

"Why was your dad so dressed up? And he called me the freaking r-word," I furrow my eyebrows and scrunch my nose slightly.

"Almost every time I've ever seen him he's wearing a suit. And I know he called you that, that tells you what kind of person he is right there," he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Why does he know where you live?" I wonder aloud. Grey lets a bitter, fake smile onto his lips.

"A couple years ago, I figured that since we were now both adults, we could talk things out. Turns out he's still a motherfucker and I guess he hasn't forgotten the address," he explains and I wince.

"I think you and I are just better off without our parents," I conclude and he allows a little smile onto his lips.

"I think you're right," he agrees.

"Especially since we can fuck whenever we want-"

"You just had to say that didn't you? I knew something like that was gonna come out of your mouth soon, you haven't said anything like it in like ten minutes," I pat his cheek, face not booty.

"C'mon," he stands and pulls me up with him. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Where are we going?"

"The kitchen," he answers. He drags me into the kitchen and I head to the fridge. I'm kinda hungry. I'm sure he is too considering this is where we are.

I bend down to the level of where the drawers are in the fridge and I examine the food items.

I'm about to eat real good.

Grey's presence suddenly appears behind me. Actually it doesn't appear behind me, I feel him behind me.

I stand straight back up immediately and his wraps grip my hips, holding me against him.

So hornish.

He spins me in his arms and lifts me, placing me on the counter. He connects our lips urgently and he pulls away, lifting off my shirt.