Chapter 15: Selfish

❀Azalea❀

❀Azalea❀

"Almost two days Azalea," my fathers voice reaches my ears as soon as I step foot into my room.

My 'safe' place.

"I've been waiting for you. I need 'shine," he glares up at me from his seat on my bed.

I can't do this again.

He sees my hesitance and he rises to his feet coming to stand directly in front of me. My heart pounds in fear of him.

"Fine. You don't want to," he shrugs and I think he's going to let me go. I shouldn't have thought that.

He undoes his belt and my heart falls to my feet.

"Dad please," I beg and it doesn't stop him, "I'll get it!"

Seeing that he's not even thinking about stopping, I turn to go get out of my room and hopefully out of the house. Maybe Grey is still here.

My father grabs my arm and he jerks me back striking my back harshly with his belt. I fall onto one knee as a cry escapes my lips.

I don't count how many times he does it. With each hit, I get weaker and eventually my back is numb to the point where I don't cry out anymore.

At that point, he stops. Without a look at me, he leaves my room.

I'm left on the floor unmoving.

I stay that way for a week. A week of me alone in my room, my door locked, and in constant fear that Dad will come back and do it all over again.

I guess it really is a form of his punishment. Maybe I should just stop being a baby and I should get used to it.

I feel utterly terrible for ignoring Grey's calls and his texts but I know if I don't then he'll convince me to see him and I do not want a fed to see what Dad has done.

It's even worse than telling Aaron.

Friday, exactly a week and one day after receiving the welts on my back, I can finally move around and do things with less struggle or pain.

After cleaning my closet out, I get in the tub and take a nice warm and relaxing bath.

My phone rings from the sink where I sat it. My heart hurts at the thought of me ignoring Grey.

I want to fall in love with you.

Those words buttered my biscuit in an unimaginably perfect way. To even think that someone, anyone, would even like me like that is wild to me.

After my bath, I feel refreshed and content for the first time in a week. And I know I smell amazing.

I throw on a lilac-colored sports bra and a huge oversized T-shirt.