Chapter 3

August 31, 2016

The first round of the UK tournament drew to a close, and Mark won his first-round match. TJ and Katie left after the WWE Universe so I'm stuck here by myself, but at least Katie gave me the car keys. I traveled around backstage until I found Mark sitting on a cable box resting. He was wearing a pair of black shorts, some sneakers, a white t-shirt, and a black snapback.

"Hey, you did really great out there," I said startling him a bit.

"Thanks. I saw you cheering out there," he said with a smile.

"That's embarrassing," I said turning away.

He chuckled, "I thought it was cute."

I kicked my foot back and forth until an erupting sound broke the silence. I glanced down at my toned stomach and quickly covered it with my arms. "That's even more embarrassing. Man, I'm hungry," I say chuckling.

Mark jumped off the cable box and fixed his wrinkled shirt, "Well, if you want to hang out and order a pizza, I'm totally cool with that."

I smiled warmly at him, "I would love that, but there has to be a movie involved."

"Pizza and a movie sound great, "he said.

Mark and I left the arena for the parking lot and got into our own cars. I followed right behind Mark to his place and parked next to his silver car. 

He unlocked the front door and let me walk in first. His place was three stories, basement, main floor, and upstairs.

"Welcome to my place," he said throwing his hat off and setting his keys down.

I kicked my shoes off by the door, out of habit, and climbed the stairs to the main room. "Oh wow, your house is nice," I said, looking around the living room and kitchen.

"Thanks. I'm gonna order the pizza if you wanna pick a movie," he said typing away on his phone.

"Okay," I said scrolling through his TV guide.

After Mark ordered the pizza and placed himself on the couch with me, "So what movie do you wanna watch?"

I finally found a good movie that I liked because it's a classic, "How does Pulp Fiction sound?"

He nodded, "Okay. I've never seen it so this should be good."

"I think you'll like it, although it does have a sex scene," I said feeling quite embarrassed.

"I think I can handle a scene like that, but thanks for the warning," he said chuckling.

--

The movie was thirty minutes in until the doorbell rang, who's at the door at this hour? Mark paused the movie and walked to the front door. The front door opened to reveal a man in a uniform holding a large cardboard box.

"Pizza delivery for Mark Andrews," said the delivery boy.

"Oh, I completely forgot," he said taking out a twenty.

"That's alright. Sorry about the wait, traffics a nightmare at this hour," the boy said.

"I understand that. Thanks man and keep the change," Mark said as he slowly shut the door.

I sat still on the couch waiting for Mark to return from the mysterious doorbell ring. Finally, he comes back with a box in hand, the pizza's here! I smiled as the pizza was sat down in front of me and the movie started again. As I took a slice from the box, I thanked Mark for letting me come over and hanging out because I felt lonely since Katie started dating TJ. Yay for being lonely!

A few hours later, the pizza box was empty and Pulp Fiction was over so we switched to a Star Wars marathon in the proper order. We were in the middle of the sixth movie when I rested my head on Mark's shoulder. He stiffened up a bit when I did it, should I have not done that or what? He was stiff for a few seconds then eased himself back to normal, so I guess he's fine with me doing this? I kept thinking of how to thank him again for letting me hang out with him at his place so I kept repeating how to say it, but I just have to go with it.

"Thanks again," I said.

He glanced over a bit, "For what?"

"For this. Ever since Katie started dating TJ, I kind of feel left out," I told him.

He smiled, "It's my pleasure. If you're ever bored, you can always hang out with me."

Before I could respond, a small yawn escaped my lips which caused Mark to raise his eyebrows. "You sound tired," he asked.

"I am, well I should get going. Thanks for having me over," I said getting up from the couch.

Mark grabbed my right wrist, "No, you can't drive when you're tired. Stay here for the night, I have a guest room upstairs."

I smiled slightly, "Uh, thanks."

Mark led me upstairs to the bedrooms and showed me the guest room where I'll sleep for the night. "This is the guest room, next door is my office, and that door over there is the master or my room. I'll grab you some of my clothes to sleep in while you shower or whatever you usually do," he said before heading to his room.

I opened the door to the guest room and took in the simple style it had. There was nothing extraordinary about the room which is fine since no one lives with him, but it's nice and cozy. Mark returned shortly after and handed me some spare clothes for me to sleep in, he's so thoughtful oh my gosh. I thank him for the extra clothes and wished him goodnight before shutting the door to do my nighttime routine.

Once I was ready for bed, I pulled the black covers back and slipped under them to sleep the night away. As my crystal eyes closed, my dreamworld opened its doors for me to dream of an impossible dream... so I think.