Chapter 2: Sweet & Tender

Marco slowly turned to doorknob to their room and pushed the door open. Inside, down a brief hallway in front of them, was a giant television with a game system and two beanbag chairs, all sitting in front of closed curtains. Star's eyes immediately lit up. "WHOOAAAA that TV is huge!" She screamed. "And I loooove those beanbags! Marco this place is awesome!"

"You haven't seen anything yet." Marco directed her attention to their immediate right, where there was a huge roomy kitchen with everything they could ask for. "There's the kitchen..." He led her slowly towards the hallway separating the game room and the kitchen, which had two doors, one on each side. "One bathroom for each of us, complete with their own shower..."

"Ooooooh, privacy."

"And finally..." Marco led her into the next room, which consisted of a massive twin-sized bed, a huge closet, and a smaller but still significantly sized television, also with a game system connected to it. "This is our room." Star's jaw was literally on the ground.

"Oh my gosh! Marco this is beautiful!" She reached her arms out and hugged the boy. "I love it!" But as fast as she hugged him, she pulled away just as quickly. "Wait...how much did this all cost?"

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that." He smiled warmly, which only further crooked her frown.

"Marco..." She wouldn't relent. The boy took her shoulders and hugged her.

"Star, that's not important. These two weeks are about you and me recouping and relaxing together and having fun. Money is not an issue. I promise."

"That's not the point. Here you are being so generous and I-I don't want to take it for granted. I mean...I didn't realize it until just recently, but I have nothing on me. Nothing that will help me get by in this new world. I still barely know how Earth works."

"I'll help you learn...after we get back home. For now, all we have to do is relax and enjoy ourselves. Okay?"

She shuffled her feet and cautiously looked into his eyes. She sighed. "Alright, if you say so."

The boy hugged her even tighter and pecked her cheek. "It's all going to work out. Promise."

Finally she reciprocated the hug. "I know. I love you so much, Marco."

"I love you too." They shared a kiss. "Oh wait, there's still one more thing." He led her back to the living room with the giant TV and opened up the curtains, revealing a beautiful balcony with a small table, two chairs, and even a small refrigerator containing cold beverages. The view over the rest of the town was breathtaking. "What do you think?"

Once again Star had to pick her jaw up off the ground. "It's gorgeous! Marco this is amazing!" She ran over to the handrail and peered over the edge, taking in the incredible view. "It's so beautiful! I love it! And this is all for us?"

"All for us. For two whole weeks."

"Marco you are way too good to me. More than I deserve, really."

"Stop talking silly." He gently grabbed her and brought her in for another kiss. "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you. You deserve so much, probably more than I can give you."

"You give me plenty already. I'm so glad we're here, and I'm so glad we get to finally kick back and crash." They kissed again before the sound of rumbling stomachs interrupted them. "Maybe after some dinner, first." A gasp followed. "Wait, I just remembered! We didn't pack any food with us!"

"Calm down, I thought ahead. This suite comes with an already stocked kitchen with everything we could possibly want."

"Ooh, really?"