Chapter 16: Wayne Manor

With Amber coming by more often the mood in the household increased, although the reason why still remains a mystery to everyone besides Alfred "Bruce" Amber says knocking on the door "Dinner's been ready for several minutes" it's not uncommon for Bruce to be late, but his office is quiet, too quiet and the door's blocked from the inside "Shit" she says after kicking the door open and she runs back to the dining room "We have to-" she says, but it's too late so she can't finish.

Jake and Sapphire are in the Batcave, watching Barbara and Jason's kid when the place shakes "What was that? And why aren't we called for dinner yet?" Jake asks earning a shrug, so they go and check, they find a portion of the mansion in pieces and worry sets in "Uncle Tim, you need to come home, I don't care you're doing a case, someone blew up part of the manor" Sapphire says and Tim is quiet for a while "I'll be there soon, try to find them", they find Bruce in his office and have trouble carrying his to safety "Okay then, next room, dining room", however Jake trips overthing, or someone at the area where the stairs were "I remember, we were going to eat at the mountain" Sapphire says "Which we already did cause Barry was hungry" "I found mom, I think, black hair is too common in this household" "That's mom" Sapphire says after moving some pieces of rubble "So the blast originate from the office, I think mom used a gem to partly protect Bruce" Jake says "And minimize the damage in the at that moment unused part of the house" Sapphire asks "Got her, do we bring her to Bruce?" "No need" Tim says landing the bioship "Get them in" "On it" Jake says, moving everyone to the bioship is somewhat of a chore since everyone's a bit heavy for the kids "We'll see you where?" "At the watchtower" Tim says "Alright come on let's go" Sapphire says. "Someone blew up the manor?!" Diana, Oliver, and Clark asks while Martian Manhunter and Dinah are checking them in the infirmary "Yeah, I think it triggered when mom opened the door" Jake says "But why?" Diana asks with a sigh and Sapphire shrugs "We were in the batcave" "Are they okay?" Wally asks speeding over "They'll live" Clark comments "Also there's the issue of finding out who it was" "Probably the Joker" Amber says "Considering he always thinks that attacking us gets Batman out of hiding." "Mom, how are you feeling?" "Peachy considering I'm stuck with a temporary wheelchair" Amber says "Manhunter insisted", she can see Sapphire's eyes water and Jake tenses "What's wrong with me being-" Amber doesn't get to finish when Batman walks over "If I give you a walking stick, will you use it?" he asks earning a confused look "Anything is better than this" she says so Batman hands her a walking stick "What your problem with wheelchairs?" M'gann asks making Sapphire look down "It's a long story" Jake says, they had told Batman, in detail, why they changed the future knowing it could potentially wipe them from existence "Guess your father is cooking today" "We have leftovers at the mountain" Sapphire points out hearing that "Mom needs plenty of rest" Jake says "I'll go and get it!" he adds running off "So what is their problem with you being in a wheelchair?" M'gann asks earning a shrug "Maybe they're afraid I'll be stuck in one forever?" Amber asks "That could be it, but you survived the Joker, you'll survive this" "Survived the Joker?" Sapphire asks earning a nod "I may or may not have accidentally caused Harley to almost die, he kidnapped me and tried to blow me to pieces with the warehouse" "Like he did with uncle Jason?" "Yep, he is the one that found me, guess he knew where to look". Sapphire's eyes widen when she realizes that didn't change "Do you want to eat here?" Nightwing asks "Yeah, that'd be easier".

Sapphire brings up the topic with her brother "Huh, think that mission afterwards happened too?" Jake asks earning a shrug as they sit on Sapphire's bed "Not sure", but the gem is there when Amber is fixing the manor "Mom, how'd you get that?" Jake asks "Oh, Batgirl gave it, I couldn't join their mission, but she gave it to me, said it was a souvenir" Amber says "I think that was..." "After the Joker, Bruce said you couldn't walk normally and you couldn't fully use your right arm, thank god Alfred helped you or you would've gone crazy" Jason says earning a laugh "I did actually, you know, before Bruce let me in the garden".

Since their apartment building has no elevator Amber is slower than the others "Mom you okay?" Sapphire asks "Fine, just... annoyed" is the answer she gets "I'll grab a blanket" Jake says while Dick sits next to Amber on the couch "You'll be fine" "Yeah, I guess". For whatever reason they get a letter a few weeks later that the building is getting renovated and getting an elevator "Bruce" Dick says "Did you buy the building our apartment is in?" "It wasn't my idea" Bruce says sitting on the chair and Amber walks in "There, Jake has Sapphire's bed and Sapphire has a 'new' bed, they're currently painting it" she says and she raises an eyebrow seeing Bruce go through the bookshelf "Hey mom" Jake says peeking into the room "Are we going to order food- Okay never mind, what are you making?" "Idiot" Sapphire says dragging him back.

At the mountain the next day Amelia and Sapphire are gaming "Where's Jake?" "Not sure, he did arrive here right?", she looks at her part time teammate who nods "Guys" Andy says "It's quiet", the two have to agree with that, until they hear water so they scatter, Sapphire getting into the vents and she watches her teammates get captured "Red Arrow, Raven, show yourself" a voice over the comm says making both heroes pale, realizing what situation they are in, so they head to their rooms to change and try to save the others.