Chapter 5: Missions

Sapphire and Jake are bored while sitting on the couch at the mountain "Dad's off world and mom isn't even in this time" Sapphire says and she looks up seeing Nick holding a bag of chips above her head, so she grabs it "We have board games" Tala says walking in with Barry and Andy "Pass" Jake says "And no Barry, that's not fair with only two girls" Sapphire comments after that "Must be boring, both parents away" Andy says, but Batman walks in "Due to the fact Miss Martian is away on an off world mission I'm in charge of your missions. Your first assignment takes you to London".

M'gann and Amber are in London too, just the past "Hello good sir" Amber says with a bow to the Scottland Yard newbie "It's dangerous for you to be out there" he says, the two were disguised so they wouldn't cause any trouble "We're looking for this man" M'gann says showing a picture of Deadshot "Can't help you there, if we knew where he was we knew where to find Jack the Ripper" the newbie says and the two girls exchange a glance before nodding "I see well I hope your search goes well" M'gann says before following Amber and they slip into an alley.

"Why are we here?" Jake asks with a sigh "You're going to find a gang leader and bring him to justice" Batman says "Noted" Sapphire says ending the call, sure that was everything "Maybe mom got to meet Sherlock Holmes" Jake says "I highly doubt it" Sapphire says with a blank look on her face "Oh you guys" Shadow Angel comments "My little history geeks" she says as her kids are inspecting her outfit "Big Ben" Nightwing says and Amber disappears again "You two aren't from around here are you?" a man says "No we're not" M'gann says seeing her friend busy planning.

Sapphire stops her brother, they split up "There" she says "That guy, what's his name?" Jake asks earning a shrug "And you watch too much movies" Nick says, remembering the Halloween party at Wayne manor, the two were dressed as Dracula and Holmes. "Mom must have so much right now" Jake mumbles and the group keeps spying on the man they're after and Tala jumps over, dragging Robin and Raven out of the way of a bullet "We've been spotted" Andy says and Nick disarms the shooter before they go for the gang leader. They hand him to the police before heading back to the mountain where Wally is eating Sapphire's snacks "Wallace West" she says getting the speedsters attention "Dad I don't keep my snacks here" Barry says before gathering the unopened snacks "Then who does?" "Sapphire" Nick says "She keeps them in her room" "So you searched every room and raided my snack cabinet" Sapphire says so Wally casually nods "Run" Jake says, Sapphire was like Amber and you did not take snacks from either of the two "Wally West" Sapphire says in a horrifyingly calm tone and the rest quickly leaves the room, 5 minutes later they peek inside and see Sapphire sitting on a knocked out Wally "She hit a pressure point didn't she?" Barry asks earning a nod from his best friend, Jake. Nick walks over and picks Sapphire up "He ate my chocolate lemon cookies" she says and Nick says "Then we get you some new ones" "Don't turn all overprotective" Tala says hitting Jake "Go flirt with mini Artemis or something" she adds "Uh Jake, she doesn't mean my sister right?" Barry asks but Jake is already gone "You're dead!" Barry yells. When GA walks in he hands Sapphire a plastic bag "Thanks" she says seeing what's inside "Thank Nick" GA says and Sapphire looks surprised "I went home, handed him some money and told him what I needed, then came back here" Nick explains earning a smile "Batman to team, get BC to prepare the infirmary" Batman says "M'gann and Amber are injured" he adds so GA instantly calls Black Canary.

An hour later Sapphire is sitting on her mother's bed "He found us first" Amber says "Luckily we took him down before one of us was killed" M'gann says and Ambers hands her kids both a box "Open it at home kay?" she asks and she sweatdrops seeing Wally "He ate half my snacks and admitted it too" Sapphire says. "And then Nick went home so Ollie could buy me new cookies" she eventually says and she yawns "Hitting him was not easy though" "Okay then Jake, why is Barry glaring at you?" Dinah asks "Jake gets along very well with his sister and Barry doesn't like it, but now he knows how Jake feels when he's flirting with me, which he does all the freakin time" Sapphire says "I'd rather have Harper flirt with her, he can at least keep his hands to himself" Amber says shooting Barry a warning look "Artemis isn't complaining though, she thinks Amelia and Jake make a cute and adorable couple" M'gann points out making Jake blush a deep red "Sapphire, did you finish your homework?" he asks suddenly "Stuck on science" Sapphire mumbles "I'll help, we gotta go" Jake says dragging his sister along.

When Amber arrives home she sees the kids gaming "Roy was busy, also Jake, someone was at the door for you, just too shy to knock" she says and Jake sees Nick and Amelia "They are staying for dinner, I called Dick to bring some food since I have to take it easy" she adds and the two guests take a seat while Amber goes to the bookshelf where she puts a new book on and Nick walks over "I didn't think anyone'd of the League or former team would write these" he says, so Sapphire says "Well think about it, no one else would know these things" "Now I get why mom told me to bring my books to keep me entertained" Amelia says "And Jake... You're losing". Amber smiles slightly and she suddenly feels Dick hug her from behind "I see Arty hadn't forgotten Amelia was staying over this weekend" he says "But I went straight home when Bruce told me what happened" he whispers "I'll be fine, you're cooking though" Amber says "So... how big is the batfamily now?" Nick asks "Pretty big" Jake says "Barbara had twins from Jay, Tim prefers not to talk about it but he has a son, us two and that sums it up a bit" "And Bruce and Alfred" Sapphire adds earning a nod from Dick who goes to the kitchen while Amber sits down and Sapphire runs off to prepare the guest rooms for their guests "Mom, one of the rooms isn't cleaned up yet" Sapphire says and Amelia says "I can take the couch for one night" "Roy's on an off world mission" Amber says and she reads her mail "Ugh why can't people give me a break for at least one week" she says "My time travelling detective duo is popular, they want to make a second movie" "As if you have the time for that" Dick says "There are too many criminals who went to the past" he adds "And we're out of rice" "Third cabinet from the right" Amber says earning four confused looks while Dick goes back to the kitchen "Mom, why didn't you say second from the left?" Sapphire asks earning a smile "You'll understand one day, when you're old enough to help me cook" Amber says making Nick sweatdrop "Jake, your parents don't have a room behind a bookshelf right?" he asks making the younger boy look at him "As far as I know, no" "We have one" Dick says from the kitchen earning two groans "How are you so good at that? Double lives? I need all my restrained to not punch the bullies" Sapphire says "She did once though. For a totally legit reason" Jake adds.