Chapter 1: Star's First Plane Ride

It had been a few days since the official, final end of the era of magic. All was mostly calm. In the new world of Earth-Mewni, the humans, mewmans, and monsters were slowly learning to get along with each other. Not that it wasn't bumpy, but the road to get to true peace was surprisingly smoother than everyone anticipated. It didn't hurt that they were all able to unite in outrage over the conspiracy of the Magic High Commission, who decided, in their non existent wisdom, to use magical toxic waste to destroy monsters. Unfortunately, this waste ended up hurting mewmans as well, the people they took an oath to protect and serve. Their punishment for this transgression: a slow, painful end before the era of magic wrapped.

And that brings us to tonight: tonight was a special night for young Star Butterfly. It was the last night she would have at her home before she got to leave for two weeks on a badly needed getaway with her boyfriend, best friend, and hopefully future husband Marco Diaz. She finished packing up her suitcase with all of her clothes, accessories, toys, anything she thought she was going to need for a fun time. Marco was handling the logistics of the getaway - plane, hotel, etc, and although she trusted him entirely to handle things without a hitch, she felt a little guilty not doing more to help out.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Marco knocking at her door, smiling widely. "Hey," He said softly, walking over to her and hugging her. "How's my favorite girl?"

"I'm good, I guess." She held him tightly in her arms.

"Excited about our trip?"

"Oh definitely. I just wish I was doing more to help out with planning, you know? I know you said you had everything under control, but I don't like feeling like a burden either. Does that make sense?"

"Star this is your vacation. I promised you I was gonna take care of-"

"No Marco, it's supposed to be our vacation. I'm not going to let you do all the work."

The boy sighed. "Well, let's at least get there first, okay? It's a bit of a hassle to travel these days."

"What do you mean?"

"Have you ever been in an airport before?"

"...what's an airport?"

"I'll take that as a no." He kissed her on the cheek. "Well you're gonna find out tomorrow. We have to be up early to catch our flight."

"Uggghhh." Star groaned, rolling her eyes. "How early are we talking?"

"Well," Marco took out some papers in his hoodie pocket. "Our flight leaves at noon-"

"Okay, that doesn't sound so bad."

"-so we probably need to get to the airport by 9, so...figure 8 AM the latest."

"What the heck!?" She objected. "I strenuously object to having to open my eyes before nine A.M!"

"I'm with you, but that's flying for you. You'll see what I mean when we get there...and then you'll wish we could just fly cloudy again."

"I'm already there, Diaz." She said rather annoyed, crossing her arms and pouting. This drew a laugh from the boy. "Just when I think I've learned all there is to learn about Earth..."

"Don't stress, Star. It's all going to work out. Once we're at our hotel the flying will be a distant memory."

She sighed. "I know, I know." The boy hugged her, and she easily reciprocated. "I'm so glad we're doing this. I love you, Marco."

"I love you too." They shared a passionate kiss. "We should probably get some sleep. Last thing we need is to be cranky and exhausted and miss our flight, right?"