New times are coming. A family is forming

Natasha

After a fight such as the one we had against Thanos and after a funeral caused by such a fight, it's hard to go back to how things were. Harder than any of us had expected, to be honest with you. Maybe it was because we had lost two friends, or maybe it was because we had been through quite a lot.

However, even if you take everything that happened in consideration, some things were actually better than they were before. I mean, I had admitted that I had feelings for Steve before we fought Thanos... and well... We both survived, so that's a positive factor. Besides, I was pretty sure he had feelings for me as well. I mean, he had come back to me after checking up on the team. And we talked... and maybe there were one or two more kisses. Before you ask, no, I have not forgotten Bruce, and I probably never will, but having been in love with someone doesn't mean you can't fall in love with someone else. Wow, that sounds cheesy and Once Upon a Time-ish. Anyway, Steve and I were getting closer after the whole fight and I loved it. We spent a lot of time with each other. We sometimes even stayed over at each other's living quarters.

"Hey, Nat?" He mumbled one morning when we just woke up. "Hmmm?" "I know it's only been two weeks... that we... you know..." "Yeah. I know. Still like to hear you say it." "That we're in a relationship." "Yes." "Would it... be weird if... maybe... we... you know, asked Tony if maybe he could... redesign the compound so we... have a living space for the two of us?" "Wait... you mean you want to... move in together?" "If you could call it that, yes. And if you want that too of course." I turned around, which wasn't so easy when you're lying on a bed with Steve's pretty massive arms around you, to face him. "You're really asking me if I would be okay with that?" "Uh..... Yeah. Well... I'm more asking if you're... you know... ready for that, cause we've only been together for two weeks, but we've known each other for so long you know. And I just feel like this is right... Maybe it's not the right moment to do thi-," Once again I shut him up by kissing him. "That is a very nice way to shut me up, do you know that?" "Yeah, I like doing it," I told him. "That's... good." "Yeah, it is. And... Steve." "Yeah?" "I think moving in together wouldn't be all that crazy." "You... you really think that?" "Yeah, I do."

We laid in bed together for a little while longer. "We should get up, shouldn't we?" Steve said. I sighed, "Yeah, I'm afraid we should..." "The whole world is expecting this big speech from us today. You know, at that ceremony." "Oh right, they're gonna pin some medals on us because we saved the universe, huh?" "Yeah, that ceremony." "Great, I really feel like going." "You sound sarcastic." "I am sarcastic, Steve." "Would a shower cheer you up?" "It might." "Would us showering together cheer you up?" I thought about it for a while, "are you proposing something, Rogers?" "Nothing more than a shower, Nat." "Pity," I whispered. "I heard that." "Oops." He rolled his eyes. "What?" He smiled, "You look kinda cute when you're trying to play innocent." "Me, cute? Never. I'm a cold blooded assassin and danger is my middle name." He kissed me on the nose, "Very well then, Natasha "Danger" Romanoff, the cold blooded assassin, wanna go take a shower?" "I do."

We got ourselves some clean and quite elegant clothing for the ceremony. Which was harder than you would have thought cause after all the parties and funerals we'd had my closet was a mess. I didn't have time to clean it up okay? We were barely done cleaning up the ground around the Avengers Compound. Anyway, that's not relevant. We showered together and sang some songs together while doing so. We also had a soap fight, but that's also not very relevant. I mean, what's relevant about throwing soap, shower gel and foam at each other? Not much.

Eventually we were done showering and we dried ourselves off and got dressed like grown-ups. At least that was something we managed to do as grown-ups. Then we had breakfast with the rest of the gang. And it wasn't just the Avengers. The Guardians, S.H.I.E.L.D., everyone was still at the Avengers compound. Every one of us had been invited to this ceremony. Even Spider-Man and Iron Lad. Who would show up in their suits as to not reveal their true identities.