Showers and... wait who's back?!

It was months after Steve's birthday party and we were finally back on track. All trainings had gotten harder, for we prepared to go to war against Thanos. I would say it was a cold winter morning, but it really wasn't, for we were still in Wakanda. However, it was winter. December even, we were getting close to Christmas. Nothing particularly interesting had happened the last few months, unless if you count Thor wrestling with Shuri's pet panthers T'Challa and N'Jadaka, they had grown quite a bit, they were almost three times the size they were when she had found them.

I woke up at four o'clock in the morning, I usually dislike waking up early and I really hate being woken up early, but it was something that was in my system. Aside from that it was still pretty hot in Wakanda, so the weather played a role too. Since it was so early I decided to go for a morning run. I left as quietly as I could, not even stopping to investigate the noises coming from the training room. Whoever was training, straining and grunting in there right now could wait. I wanted to be alone for a while. I need that from time to time, it helps me to clear my head.

And clear my head it did. I had time to be alone, alone with my thoughts. That can be a dangerous thing sometimes, but this time it was okay. I thought about my friends, how they were all looking determined... how they were all getting stronger. Even Harley and Shuri had gotten pretty serious and they were still teenagers. It was quite sad to see, but it was what we needed. For we needed to be able to defeat Thanos, so we could get our friends back.

I also thought of what could happen next... What will happen when we restore the universe? If we even restore the universe? I had not thought of that before. It probably defends on whether or not we get to kill Thanos... If we don't he'll come after us again. So we'll just have to kill him. Of course it was easier thought than done. Most things are easier thought than done, like most things are easier said than done. As far as I know only one thing is easier done then said... silence...

Yes, I also thought of Steve. What had been going on between us was confusing and it was getting in my way. Meaning: It had become slightly harder for me to focus during training. Yes, I had picked up training with the Cap again, I needed to be pushed to my limits to become better, right? There's always room for improvement. I know of at least one young woman who would agree with me on that. Although she usually means tech.

I arrived back at the Avengers common room around six o'clock and decided it was time for a shower. The training room had been silent when I passed it, so I thought it would be okay to use the common bathroom attached to the common room. And I also thought it would be a good idea to leave the door unlocked. Boy how I was wrong... In a mildly funny, maybe even ironic way, but still very very wrong.

Steve

I had been up since ten minutes to four... in the morning. I had nothing better to do so I decided to get out a boxing bag and do one of the things I do best. Punch stuff. In this case a boxing bag. I trained for about two hours before I decided it was enough. I put away the boxing bag and headed back to the common room. I didn't want to wake anyone up by turning on the shower in my bathroom, all of the showers in our private bathrooms were very... luxurious, but also very loud. Waking your next door neighbors loud. The one in the common bathroom was silent.

I opened the bathroom door, expecting to find the room completely empty... Well, turned out it wasn't. Standing there completely naked was none other than Natasha Romanoff. I blinked a few times, unable to say something. Her back was turned to me, but she seemed to have heard the door, for she turned her head around.

She smirked at me. "Good morning," she said. I swallowed, "Uh... good... good morning." "I'm sorry, did I just ruin your plans to take a shower?" I nodded. "Well, I wouldn't mind if you joined me." Why is that stupid smirk still on her face? How can this be amusing to her? She's naked! "You're half naked already, would be a shame to cover that up now..." Is she teasing me? She was most definitely teasing me.