❸❺

❸❺

Oscar groaned, lazily taking a seat on the couch, sitting across from Jamal and Ruby, "If you're going to wake me up this early, you better have sprinkles."

Jamal came over, placing the pink box on the coffee table before sitting down, glancing over to Marisol. The girl was leaning against the wall, nodding to the boy. She whispered over to him, "Told you."

Oscar slightly bent over, taking a look inside before grabbing a donut. He took a bite, nodding with satisfaction, "Speak."

Ruby glanced over to his friend, his eyes turning back to the Santo, "We wanna buy Cesar back into the Santos."

Oscar laughed loudly, dropping sprinkles onto his flannel, "That's not how it works. Even if it did, you can't just buy someone back for a hundred bucks."

"How about $150,000?" Marisol questioned, causing Oscar's eyes to squint at her.

"Approximately," Jamal corrected.

"Where are you little traviesos getting a hundred and fifty grand?" Oscar gestured to the boys.

"Answer the question," Ruby demanded, "Is that enough to buy someone back in?"

"Maybe," Oscar shrugged, taking another bite of the snack, "How clean's the cash?"

"Squeaky," Jamal answered, confidently, "It's been washed."

"I'm listening," Oscar leaned back into the couch, throwing his feet up on the table.

"I found the RollerWorld money."

"We're not asking for a favor," Ruby shook his head, "This is a business transaction.You get something out of it, but Cesar needs to be protected.We don't want him gone forever."

"You really care about him," Oscar realized, shaking his head. He looked down at the duffel bag of money then turned his attention back to the boys, "Okay."

He cleared his throat loudly, grabbing the handle of the bag and bringing it towards him, "I'll take the cash, but not Cesar."

The boys sat in shock while Marisol pushed herself off of the wall, walking over towards the guys.

"That's not how a business transaction works!" Ruby became enraged, standing up from his seat, "You can't keep the money without fulfilling your end of the bargain."

Oscar's eyebrows lowered as he looked in between the teenagers, "It's RollerWorld money?"

Everyone nodded.

"Then it's not yours to bargain with," he reminded before a smirk appeared on his face, "but thanks for bringing it back home."

Marisol crossed her arms over her chest, shaking her head ag the Santo, "Don't do this."