❷❷

Marisol straightened out her dress as Monse knocked on the door of the Martinez household

The front door swung open, Ruby poking his neck out. He squinted at the girls before pulling the two inside.

He walked over to the coffee table, organizing the magazines that lazily sat there, "Monse, you're late. Marisol, looking sexy as always."

Monse rolled her eyes, stripping off her jacket before hanging it up on the wall, "You're the one who made us stop to get the cake."

Monse carefully took the box from Marisol's hands as the older girl looked around the decorated room. Marisol secretly hated family functions, especially baby showers, because they consisted of uncomfortable conversations (with relatives you barely remember) and boring games you're forced to play.

She sat down on the couch, feeling an arm being thrown over her shoulder.

The girl turned to her left as Jamal sat down next to her, his eyebrows raised flirtatiously.

"Monse," the boy called out as the younger sister followed Ruby into the kitchen, "you didn't tell me your hot sister was coming!"

Marisol scoffed, rolling her eyes as the younger boy scooted closer, "I've known you since you were in first grade, Jamal."

"Well, I'm all grown up now," Jamal adjusted the collar of his shirt, "let me perform my magic."

He, then, swallowed nervously, "U-unless you're still dating the P-Prophet."

Marisol chuckled, shaking her head, "Nope, single."

"Oh!" Jamal's eyes shined brightly before turning dark and seductive, "then, all I need is eight minutes."

Marisol had decided it was the perfect time for her to leave when the celebrated baby, turned out to be someone else's.

She laughed to herself, thinking about tonight's plot twist as she made her way back home. She continued walking her normal route, noticing a figure beginning to run up the block ahead of her. The girl stopped in her tracks, taking a moment to try to make out the person. Her eyes remained squinted as the man slowly stopped jogging, coming to a stroll only a couple of feet in-front of her.

Marisol noticed they were headed in the same direction as she trailed silently behind the man all the way to her home, his back facing her the entire time.

The girl began to realize who the hooded figure was when he began to walk up Marisol's front porch.

"Travis?" She questioned, following up the stairs behind him.

The boy turned around, taking off the green hood from his head. His forehead was glistenin, like he had been sweating, even though it was chilly outside. His chest heaved up and down slightly, like he was nervous or anxious about something and the boy looked around a lot, not being able to focus on Marisol. Like someone was after him.

"Hey," Travis greeted, scratching the back of his neck as he checked his surroundings again. Marisol gave him a confused look, her stomach feeling uneasy, like she knew something was wrong.

"What are you doing here?" Marisol took the key from her front pocket, sticking it into the door knob before turning it all the way to the left.

She wiped her boots on the front mat before stepping further into the house, allowing the boy to come inside. He carefully watched the girl close the door all the way before letting out the deep breath he was holding.

Travis stuffed his hands deep into the pockets of his hoodie, "Your pops gone again?"

Marisol hesitantly nodded, still wondering what the Prophet was even doing in her neighborhood. He made it clear when they had broken up that he had no intention of returning back, unless she had invited him to, which she didn't.

"You okay?" The girl asked him, stepping forward to touch his arm but he shrugged her off nervously.

"Yeah," Travis quickly nodded his head, "yeah, I'm cool. Just- just wanted to see you again."

"Um, okay," Marisol chuckled, ignoring his unusual behavior as she led him into her bedroom. She slowly took off her leather jacket, letting it fall to the floor.

Marisol knew what to exactly expect from his visit, beginning to unclasp her bra from behind. Travis watched as she slipped her arms into her dress, the bra slidding down her chest to her legs to the floor. Soon, her dress too fell, leaving her almost bare in front of him. The girl sat on the bed, looking up at him as he began to undress himself.

He gripped the hem of his sweatshirt, pulling it over his head as a small plastic bag fell out of the pocket. Marisol eyed the baggie as Travis bent down to pick it up.

"My bad," the boy chuckled, scooping up the baggie into his hand. He glanced over at Marisol, who coldly stared at what was in his hand. He flashed the baggie in front of her face, the sight of white powder making her nostrils begin to burn.

"You want some?" Travis nonchalantly asked, opening up the baggie in front of her. Marisol's throat felt as if it was closing in on itself as she watched him in what seemed like slow motion. The girl stared as he dipped the tip of his pinkie into the powder, scooping some up before sniffing it up his left nostril.

Marisol cleared out her throat, shifting on the bed uncomfortably, "N-no, I'm good."

Travis shrugged, tossing the coke onto the girl's nightstand before climbing on top of her.

btw if anyone remembers that scene in the baby shower episode where ruby's mom goes to answer the door after someone rings the door bell and theres like a single bullet on the door step, in this fanfic travis is the one who left the bullet. which kind of explains why he was so nervous when marisol noticed him because he was afraid that he would be seen by the santos being in their neighborhood also you can kind of guys the relationship between marisol and travis is kinda toxic which him being a prophet, he has access to different types of drugs but ill get into that later on in the story