❷❶

Marisol sat on Athena's bed as her arms hugged her legs close to her chest

The brunnette watched as Athena slept, getting ready to console her when she noticed her eyes beginning to flutter open.

Athena let out a groan, her hand immediately reaching for her bruised eye.

"Hey, hey," Marisol quickly swatted the girl's hand away, "don't touch it."

Athena nodded slowly, sitting up from her position.

Marisol gave the girl a smile, "Do you need anything?"

Athena's eyes wandered, fixing themselves on the mirror from across the room. Athena had no problem showing how much happiness she felt from her own reflection but this time when she looked, she felt nothing.

Her dark brown eyes then went to her bedroom window, surprised by the darkness.

She shook her head at the previous question, "What time is it?"

Marisol noticed her gaze going back to the mirror. She touched Athena's arm, taking her attention away.

"Four," she answered, her voice soft.

"Oscar went home?" Athena's left eyebrow went up.

Marisol nodded, "Yeah." She picked up the blanket from the bed, moving closer to her cousin before fixing the fabric over the girl's shoulders. She continued, "But, he's going to handle everything. You have nothing to worry about."

Athena laid back down, staring up at her cousin, "You should go home. Tio's probably worried."

"I'm not leaving," Marisol disagreed.

The girl let out a deep breath, trying to fix her lips into a comforting smile. "I'll be fine," she said, "I swear."

When Marisol finally got back home, she tried her hardest to not make a sound as she entered the house. Once her head touched her pillow, she drifted to sleep.
A couple of hours later, Marisol woke up to the smell of eggs.

Her body lazily threw the blanket off of her as she swung her legs over the side of the bed. She, tiredly, followed the smell, bringing her to her family joined by Cesar.

Marisol walked over to the counter across from her father, grabbing the pot of fresh coffee.

"What are you doing up so early?" Monse questioned as the girl poured her first cup of the day into her usual mug.

"What are you doing back so early?" Marisol replied back, making her father and Monse share a look.

"Decided that it would be best to stay in Freeridge," Monse shrugged, looking over at Cesar, who was smiling back at her.

Marisol snickered, "You saw the real Selena, huh?"

Monty snapped his neck at the older girl, anger in his eyes, "Mari!"