Chapter 4: Acquaintances

Start from the beginning

Wow, he suddenly wants to be friends? That doesn't make sense, not literally. I was very confused as to why he would want to become friends with me after all these years. Is it that he only discovered about my existence and already wants to be friends? Am I overthinking and he just really wants to befriend everyone? Or he's messing with me? But he isn't the type of guy who would do that. He's really nice and sweet and everything! Now I'm overthinking, having trust issues is tough, especially when socializing. 

A hand suddenly rested on my shoulder which pulled me out of my thoughts. "Are you alright?" He asked, his brows furrowed a little. I'm very tempted to kiss him right now, I better stop myself. 

My eyes widen from the contact of our bodies. "Um. Yes. I'm alright. I was just... thinking." I excused. 

"Well what do you say?" He waited patiently, pressing his lips together. "It's alright if you refuse, It really would be weird if I suddenly just wanted to be friends to you." His voice got a little lower. 

Exactly?

I puffed my cheeks, something I do when I'm stuck or in need of deciding. "Can I at least know... why?" I know I'm questioning a really good opportunity.

He suddenly smiled. "I-I don't know. There's just something... that-- you know what. I really don't know. I just don't want to be left as acquaintances with you... I-I mean with anyone! If we had talked, it means we're meant to be friends or something like that..." Right, none of what he said made sense but I noticed the stuttering. 

He wants to specifically befriend me, I know. What I don't know is why? 

I squinted my eyes, trying to make sense of this messy situation. I just chose to play along of whatever he's planning. 

I plastered on a smile. "I accept." 

His expression suddenly shifted from very serious to an enthusiastic one in like, a second. I don't even know it was possible to do that. 

"Really?" He smiled. "Now that that's done, we could start with an introduction. I'm Hunter Fierro. I'm sixteen years-old, and I was born on September 3. Nice to meet you!"

My eyebrows shoot up in surprise. Wondering of what I should say, I started fumbling but eventually found my voice. "Um. I'm Theodore Willshire. I'm sixteen years-old, and I was born on October 13... Was that a proper introduction?" 

He nodded then suddenly extended a hand to me, I stared at it for a few moments before taking it. His hands were impossibly smooth. He shook it with a charming smile which tend to melt me every time. I wasn't able to do anything but smile back. 

"You should smile more, you look better. Not that you didn't look good not smiling... but smiling's always better." He said which got me blushing again. I didn't know what was wrong with me. I rarely even blush and I always knew what to say. 

Is this how he charm girls?

"Thank you. U-um, you too." He smiled again, if he keeps doing that, I don't know what I'd do.

He checked the time on his watch and his smile dropped slightly. "Ah, I have to go. It was nice talking to you, Theo." He stood up and I nodded.

"You too." I muttered quietly but he definitely heard it, judging by his smile.

Wow

Just a few days ago, I was expecting of another year of failure and daydreaming of Hunter. And now, look at me. I think this was the best thing that happened to me these past few years, of course except for my improvement and attitude shift. I stayed sitting for a few moments, just thinking of what just happened.