Chapter 15

Seth POV:

I jerk awake to the sound of a phone ringing but it soon becomes clear, it's not mine. "Dean," I gently pat his chest, jostling him slightly. "Hey, I think your phone is ringing."

His eyelids slowly flutter opens, blue eyes momentarily fogged with sleep. "What?" He asks, voice rough with sleep.

"Your phone is ringing," I say and move away from him to give him some personal space.

He grumbles as he sits up and takes his phone from the bedside table. He has a pinched look on his face as he looks at his phone. He then looks at me and I understand who is calling him.

I chew my lip as I watch him attending the call. He says in a tired voice, "Hey baby."

I notice the expression on his face and it seems like he feels uncomfortable as he talks in front of me. I don't want him to feel uncomfortable so I get up from the bed and go to the kitchen.

I flick the kettle on to boil the water. Then I open the cupboard and pull out two coffee mugs and bowls. I shut the door and walk to the pantry, pulling out the box of cornflakes and pouring it in each bowl's worth before placing it back where it belongs.

I hear the kettle whistle to signal it has finished as I open the fridge to take the milk. The door closes with a soft snap and I almost jump out of my skin when I see Dean is standing here with a goofy grin on his face.

"Hey Deano," I try to keep my panic level at a minimum as I try to regulate my breathing.

"I didn't scare you. Did I, darling?" He asks, grabbing the milk from me and moves to the kettle.

"Of course not," I answer finally and lean against him as he pours the milk into the coffee mugs. I grab the milk from him and put it back into the fridge.

As I close the door, I hear him mumbles, "She wants me to meet her and I don't know what to do. I don't know what is going to happen. I don't know how I'll solve it if there is any problem. I-" I cut him off by saying, "Come here.."

He looks up at me with a confused look. I hold my hands out for him then he understands why I call him. I nod at him as he looks at me in the eyes. He moves forward and hugs me tightly.

I close my eyes and hold him a little closer, one hand coming up to run through his sweat messy hair. "I swear nothing bad will happen. If anything, I'll be there for you, always!"

Dean POV:

My heart pounds at the friendly, comforting embrace of Seth. I didn't speak, just take in the warmth that is radiating off of him. I tuck my face into his neck and breath in his scent. He smells good and feels like home.

"Just get ready, we'll go to meet her." I hear him saying against my skin. I quickly move away from him and look at his confused face. "What happened?" He asks in a concerned tone.

"I don't want you to come with me. I'll take you with me next time after I convince her." I try to convince him but he doesn't hear any of my words. He takes breakfast and goes to the dining table.

I try to convince him during breakfast but he does what he thinks. I will accept the punishment whatever Becky gives to me but I can't see her hurt Seth.

A few minutes later, we get ready and go to the car. I slip into the driver seat and wait for him to get into the passenger seat. "Are you sure, you want to come with me?" I ask in an eighth time in a day.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He says and puts the seatbelt. I sigh and start the car to Becky's house. While I'm driving, I notice Seth is casually playing some game on his phone. I don't want to break the smile on his face.

I drive the car slowly as much as I can and look at him when I hear his phone rings. He attends the call and says, "Hey man, what's up?"

I watch his expression as he plays with the seatbelt and shifts in his seat, "Yeah, I can understand. I'll be there in 15 minutes."

I sigh and wait for him to say something. "Deano, Marek has called me to meet my sponsor. You know how much it is important to me. So you were right I'll meet your girlfriend next time." He says and gives me a soft smile.

"It's not that much important to worry. Your ambition is very important so concentrate your mind there. I'll take care of this." I say to him and he leans down to kiss my cheek.

I stop the car in front of a building where he wants me to drop him. I wish I want to go with him and support him but I can't do that now. It's already getting late so I need to go to Becky's house fast before she gets angry.

I wave a hand back at Seth as he waves his hand at me. I give him a signal to come here so he comes to me and leans down at the window level. I lean forward to press a kiss on his cheek and show a thumbs up, "Don't give up for anything."

He nods and gives me a soft smile. He waves his hand once again before going inside. I sigh and drive the car to Becky's house.