Chapter 17

Dean POV:

I know this would happen sooner or later when my and Seth's fate joined together. I won't blame myself for slapping Becky because she deserved it and what I said there is true, she doesn't have the right to talk about my darling.

As I'm driving the car to pick up Seth, I think about what I am going to tell him when he asks me what happened. I know he doesn't leave me until I tell him what happened with Becky.

I stopped the car at the building where I dropped him earlier and send him a text that I'm waiting outside. A few minutes later, he comes out with a huge smile on his face.

I hope at least his day wouldn't that much bad like mine. I give him a fake smile when he enters the car and puts the seatbelt on. "How was your day?" I ask and start the car.

"It was great and my sponsor is really a good man. He talked to me friendly and gave me some advice about my career. I hope this is a good sign for achieving my dream." He throws his hands in the air then shifts in his seat, "Okay, just tell me. What happened there?"

I know he would ask me this question but I still didn't prepare any answer for this. I bite my lip nervously as I direct my sight on the road, "Nothing bad happened as I worried. She understood and told me that she has faith in me."

I convince him by telling some lie at that moment. He smiles and squeezes my thigh, "It's great!"

I sigh and feel relief as he doesn't ask further questions. I think about Becky when we are in silence because I don't want her to think that I cheated on her with Seth. I and my darling isn't a cheating type!

We reach the home a few minutes later and I direct my way to our room. "Deano, stop." I hear his voice from behind so I stop in my track on the midway to upstairs. I slowly turn around and give him a confused look.

Seth POV:

I know Dean told me a lie but I didn't tell him anything and let him in his own world in the car. He didn't know that my eyes are only on him in the car. I'm sure something is wrong.

When he stepped into the stairs, I stopped him to know what really happened. "What happened there?" I repeat the same question here and hope that he will tell me the truth.

"I told you already what happened there in the car.." He repeats the same lie so I grab his hand and make him look at me in the eyes before saying, "If you're telling the truth, just tell me as you see me with eye to eye."

He swallows hard and looks away, "I fucked up everything!"

"What happened?" I ask again but he refuses to talk about it. I try to imagine what happened there by the look in his face but nothing comes to my mind.

"Please.. darling, leave it alone. I don't want to talk about it." He places his hand on mine and squeezes it gently.

I nod slowly and decide not to ask any further questions to him so I let him go to the bedroom.

Dean POV:

I'm glad that Seth doesn't ask any questions and let me have my way. I don't like to use any single moment on this day so I decide to sleep. I lay on the bed and throw the blanket over myself.

I open my eyes when I feel soft fingers gently rub my shoulder. "Deano, I think not to feed your stomach doesn't solve whatever problem you're in." He says and places the tray on the bed.

"I don't want to eat anything," I mumble and try to avoid looking at him in the eyes.

"I want to eat because I'm starving." He laughs and pats his stomach slightly. He then gives me a sad look, "But I don't want to eat without you!"

I watch as he gets up from the bed to take the tray. I don't want him to sleep with hungry because of me so I grab his hand, "I'm also starving so shall we eat?"

He nods and gives me a soft smile. The heaviness in my heart flies away when I see the smile on his face. This is what I wished in my life and now I got it so I don't want to lose this happiness in my life.

Seth, the happiness of my life!

We eat food and enjoy each other's company as always. Once we have done everything before getting ready for the bed, he gets a call from his friend so I let him handle it and lay on the bed.

I open my eyes when I feel his head on my chest and his arm around my waist. I can still feel the heaviness in my chest but it's not the weight of his head, it's the weight of worry which is bothering me.

I slowly stroke his hair as I decide to tell him what happened with Becky. "I slapped her!" I mumble and feel him move.

"What? Why?" He tilts his head up and gives me a confused look.

"Hmm... She talked unnecessary things so I slapped her," I tell him simply because I don't want him to know that she talked shit about him. Before he argues with me, I pull him against my chest, "Okay, good night. Now I'm really sleepy!" I close my eyes and feel lightheaded when I spilled what was bothering me.