#15

Fadwa looked at him from where he sat, she pouted her lips and she didn't miss how he had been scratching his left eyebrow. "I can't go in alone, I've never been to a place like this, I don't know how to act." Her voice was low and undemanding. She didn't know how he was going to take that. She had never been to a mall before, and now that they were sitting in his car, she looked at him with confused eyes. She looked at the list she had in her hand and pouted again.

How did he expect her to look around the building and buy all these things? Badra sent the grocery list for Ramadan, and he asked her to come out so he will drop her to the mall. She had never been to a mall, even the local market; Ammi went there by herself.

Maheer groaned and scratched his left eyebrow, "What do you mean? You sitting in my car like this is enough to irritate me, Fadwa. Don't take advantage of me driving you here myself and you're still sitting in my car looking at me as though you're my wife. Will you please get out? Don't let me lose it on you, Fadwa."

She pouted her lips and was about to speak when he roared, "Go away!" And Fadwa didn't know when she got out of the car. She looked around and her lips naturally curved into a pout. She didn't know the next thing to make, she clutched the list and looked at his card that was in her hand. Fadwa gulped down a lump in her throat before she walked towards the entrance, but there was a weird man intensely staring at her as she walked closer.

He seemed like a mad man but he wasn't one. Fadwa was about to enter the mall when he took a few strides towards her and she didn't know when she screamed. She took a few steps back and practically ran to where Maheer packed and he sat in the car, looking at her through his mirror. She knocked on his window and he slided it down.

"What is it?" He asked with an irritated voice, and Fadwa didn't know when tears rolled down her cheeks. She was scared by the demeanor of that man. Her lips trembled into a pout before she spoke, the gold in her eyes doused with her tears.

"That man, I don't know what he's trying to do. Will you please escort me to the door? You can come back after I walked inside. Please," she begged and she watched as he scratched his left eyebrow before he opened the door and he was out of the car in the blink of an eye.

She walked beside him as they passed the man and to her surprise, Maheer walked into the mal together with her. He walked to the first raw where beverages were and looked at her, the blue colours in his eyes almost scaring her, she closed her eyes right after making an eye contact with him.

"Check the list and put everything on the cart, I'll walk you along the rows." He ordered, and Fadwa nodded her head before she did as he ordered. They were in the chocolates raw when a little girl ran over them crying as she hugged Maheer's legs.

Fadwa's eyes instantly flew to them as he knelt and took a hold of the girl's shoulders. "What is it, Princess? What made you cry?" His voice was low and soothing that Fadwa doubted if he was really the one. She turned around, as if she was afraid before she hugged Maheer.

"Uncle will you please help my Mama? Daddy is beating her around there!" She pointed at a raw that was out of their sight, and Maheer looked at her with keen eyes.

Fadwa felt a pang in her chest and she didn't know when she dropped the box she was holding and she walked over to them, kneeling beside Maheer. He looked at her and how she seemed to be up the creek and wondered why she was like that. She took the girl's hands and smiled ruefully at her, "What's your name? And what has Mama done?"

"My name is Intisar, and she didn't do anything. Please will you help me beg Daddy to stop? I begged him but he won't listen to me." Intisar was helplessly looking into their eyes, hoping they would help her mother out.