Chapter 46: Merry Christmas, Emi

Start from the beginning

"What do you call an alligator that wears a vest? An investigator!!"

Emi cackled at her voice saying the terrible joke, kicking her feet in the air. She wiped a tear from her eyes to see Aizawa's deadpan expression.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry! Here's your real gift." she said, pulling out a green wrapped box.

He opened this one with more caution. When he opened the box, he saw a pile of bold red. He pulled it out and saw that it was a long, red, soft and very nice scarf. This was designed to keep someone warm.

"I know you like your scarf/capture weapon, but this one will keep you more warm in this cold season! You don't have to tell anyone it's from me either, so you can wear it out." she said, looking off to the side.

Did she really think he was that ashamed of her?

"Thank you." he said, wrapping the scarf around his neck.

She looked surprised and smiled at the sight of him wearing the scarf.

"You're welcome!" she said.

"Now for your gift." he said, standing up, leaving an astounded Emi.

"You got me something?" she said.

He turned back to face her.

"'Well, yeah.' " he said with a smirk, imitating her earlier, "Just wait here."

She waited patiently while he went into his room to get the small gift.

He brought it back out and handed it to her, sitting back down next to her.

She opened the gift with both hesitation and excitement. When she opened it her eyes widened and she paused, bringing a hand to her mouth.

It was an 8 x 11 inch framed picture of all the Heroes of UA and Ketsubutsu Academy. There were the signatures of the Heroes next to their face or on their costume as well. Tears welled up in her eyes.

He was never very good with crying people, but he did his best. He put a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, are you okay-?" he was cut off by her suddenly hugging him, burying her face in his chest.

"Thank you." she said, muffled into his shirt.

He was frozen. He had no idea hat he was supposed to do. But for now, he decided to hug her back.

He wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on her shoulder.

"You're welcome."

*********************

"Shouta, I'm going over to Nemuri's house! She's here to pick me up to get ready for the party! Hizashi is still picking you up, right?" she asked.

He yelled a "Yeah" from the other room and she finished getting her coat on.

"Okay...bye then! I'll see you at the party! Don't forget to bring the cookies!"

About an hour before Hizashi was supposed to pick him up, he started to get ready. He took a shower and dried his hair. He then fixed his now dry hair, and brushed his teeth again. He was glad that dinner was going to be served at the party. Since Fatgum was put on dinner duty, and he had discounts to all the catering restaurants in town, he would be able to get dinner for the Heroes pretty cheap.

He got dressed in a black suit with a vest and a black tie and waited for Hizashi to arrive, the cookies sitting next to him.

Hizashi pulled up to his house and shouted out of his window to come out. Aizawa obliged and put on his dark coat, then hesitated, seeing the red scarf on the coat hanger. He then decided, and reached out, wrapping the warms gift around his neck.