Four: Lies and Parties

Start from the beginning

0:2 success rate... yikes.

Calista watched the interaction trying not to laugh. It was more than obvious that Jeremiah didn't like Cam, even when she looked at Conrad he seemed annoyed.

"But actually we know each other." He said. Belly nodded along with his words taking turns to  make eye contact with Calista and Jeremiah. "Seventh grade Latin convention, so we're not total strangers."

"Ok." Jeremiah laughed, "no offense, but no. Belly which car?"

Calista made a mental note to talk to Jer about being petty later.

"Just pick a car." Conrad groaned.

Cameron or Cam got the hint. "Um I should probably go, but the whaling boat that I intern on leaves at dawn every morning," He stopped halfway looking at Cali who cleared her throat, signaling to hurry up. "I was wondering if you would, uh, like to come?"

Jeremiah made eye contact with Calista as Belly agreed. "Yeah sure, I mean how else would you get your hoodie back?"

"Take it off now?" Cali suggested.

"Ignore them," Belly said to Cam, rolling her eyes but still smiling. "I'll see you there."

Then she did something no one else, not even Cameron was expecting and kissed him.

Cali always thought of Belly as a kiss on the cheek person, but that kiss was fully on the lips. She raised her eyebrows looking at Jer who eventually looked away.

After kissing him, Belly finally answered the question, "I'll ride back with Cali."

"Actually you should ride with Jer, I already have this one," Cali pointed to Conrad who rolled his eyes.

Belly looked confused, "Um, ok."

Jeremiah seemed satisfied but also in a hurry, "sounds good, let's go."

Calista mentally counted everyone as she walked around to the driver's seat, but stopped in her tracks once she came up one short. "Oh shit, Jer where's Steven?" She yelled at him.

Jeremiah turned around quickly, throwing his head back then looking around. He seemed like a babysitter trying to find all the kids at a playground. "We'll find him," He motioned to Belly, then grabbed her hand. Smooth. "Just wait for us," His voice got quieter the further they got away.

And that's how the distraction club had their second meeting of the night.

"Calista," Conrad mumbled causing her to look at him as she climbed into the drivers seat. He grabbed a strand of her hair and twisted it between his fingers, "Have I told you I like your hair?"

Now Calista was extra ready to go, she gently released her hair from his fingers, sighing as she pushed the front strands behind her ears and waited for them to grab Steven.

There was finally a knock on the window, but once she looked to her left it wasn't who she was expecting. An officer with dark brown hair peered into the window, "Have you kids been drinking?"

Her response was quick, "no we just got here."

But Conrad's was painfully louder, "Yes."

She turned towards him with her face saying are you serious?

"No" He tried to change his answer after seeing her facial expression, but it sounded more like a question than anything.

"We're actually waiting to pick a couple people up." She tried to save the situation, but the officer shook her head as a second one joined her at the window.

"Let's all wait for them together then."

"Aren't you going to help me out?" Conrad made it the whole car ride without talking, but decided to speak once she turned the car off.

"You can get out yourself."

He tried his best to lift his leg up despite him having no flexibility at all, "my foot remember?"

"You can stop," Calista said annoyed, getting out the drivers seat to walk around.

She opened the car door on his side, staring at him as she thought of ways to support him without making them both fall over.

"You need to touch me if you're going to help me." He smirked at his own words.

Carrying an injured Conrad into the house while following two cops wasn't how she imagined the end of her night, but the world gave her one big surprise.

The pair were the last to come in when Lauren, Belly and Steven's mom told them to sit in the foryet until she was done. "Officers thank you, It won't happen again, I can promise you that much." she said as she stood in front of them.

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tea time when he gats back in town."

"Absolutely," she nodded, "sorry again for all the trouble." Laurel moved towards the door to let them out. "Have a good night officers."

Calista would like to say she was listening as they got scolded but she really wasn't, her mind was focused on going to sleep, she was snapped out of her thoughts as soon as she heard Laurel say, "You guys just go to bed."

As they walked out, Calista decided to get water from the kitchen. She could tell that Laurel stopped Conrad to talk to him, but didn't know what was said over the running water.

Cup in hand, Cali made her way to the stairs and that's when she decided that out of everything that night, the worst part was seeing Conrad walking normally up the stairs, even making it a point to skip a few as he knew Cali watched from the bottom.

qotc: Favorite holiday? Also last chance to guess if Cali will pick lifeguarding or the ball.

Commenting and voting helps me update so please keep it up tyy.