Three: The Distraction Club

THE DISTRACTION CLUB———————————————where conrad thinks he's hallucinating

———————————————
where conrad thinks he's hallucinating

a/n: commenting and voting helps me update and I love reading them, so pls don't be a ghost reader!!

"Can you stop making that face?" Conrad held the blunt up, waving it around for Calista to see. "It's undoing the process."

He would never admit it, but he recognized Calista's unfocused eyes and the slight parting of her lips as an indication that she was overthinking. Still feeling bad about earlier, he used the slightly obnoxious comment to break her out of whatever thought process she was going through.

Guilt from what he said to Cali weighed him down. It wasn't on his list to apologize while he wasn't sober, but he knew he would have to eventually.

You know, only for the guilt to go away...

Calista didn't respond, knowing it wasn't worth her time. She stayed still, only moving once Belly dove into the pool, looking down at the water that splashed on her feet.

She would never say it out loud, but she longed for the comfort she felt while talking to the boy in front of her. After the falling out, she missed it way more than she thought she would.

How could they ever come back from what happened?

Actually, what exactly did happen?

Only one person out of the three truly knew, and she was underwater.

Belly sensed the tension as soon as she could breathe again, "you said Marijuana messes with white matter."

"Do you even know what white matter is?"

"I'll be inside," Cali mumbled not wanting to be apart of the conversation. As she walked away not even listening for a response.

Starting another argument with him wasn't something she wanted to do at that moment. Maybe later, but not in front of Belly. What he said earlier was definitely out of line. Calista told him things she hadn't even told her mom.

He knew she blamed herself for her father's passing.

He knew she tried to keep her father happy while he struggled.

He knew how much it hurt when her father left, but still managed to use what she trusted him with against her.

It made her hate herself for wanting their friendship back. And worse, she wondered if he thought the same way as her.

All she really needed was a distraction, and a poorly whispered conversation between Jeremiah and Stephen was definitely the answer to her problem.