Thirteen: Secret's Out

SECRET'S OUT———————————————

SECRET'S OUT
———————————————

a/n: commenting and voting helps me update and I love reading them, so pls don't be a ghost reader!!

"Testing, testing, one, two, three. This one goes out to Cam Cameron—"

After the more than awkward conversation about her and Conrad's past situationship, Calista took Jeremiah's dedication that echoed through the house as her cue to leave Nicole with the drunk girl who stumbled her way to Conrad.

Brushing past Belly as she walked out of the living room, she was surprised to see Jeremiah and Cam Cameron dancing to the intro of 'Summer Nights.' Both seemed like they were enjoying it a little too much, especially Jeremiah, who she noted had something to drink.

Noticing her, Jeremiah danced towards her and sang, "Summer lovin', having a blast," then turned the microphone to her, urging her to sing,

"Summer lovin', happened so fast," Calista took Jeremiah's hand, twirling around,

"I met a girl," Jeremiah sang, but then stopped to let Calista finish the line. He pointed the microphone to the girl, "crazy for me!" Cali's voice definitely wasn't perfect and came out a little off-pitch, but she was starting to have fun.

"Yes, Cali!" Jeremiah praised, "Cam?" Cam Cameron took that as an opportunity to grab the other mic, singing in a high-pitched voice, "Met a boy cute as cute as can be,"

His voice caused Jeremiah and Calista to chuckle, then finished the verse together, "Summer days, drifting away," they jumped around, but mid-jump, she made eye contact with someone who followed Nicole and her friends into the living room and couldn't find it in herself to finish the lyrics.

Jeremiah, who saw her smile falter, followed her gaze to his brother, but what he had to drink clouded his judgment, "Conrad!" he cheered, releasing Calista's hand and danced towards him, "Join us!"

Calista, who didn't want to have a repeat of the awkward situation, left the room of teenagers singing and dancing. The music got quieter as she walked through the house. Cali grabbed a drink that a random guy offered her and drank it in one go, "Where's the bathroom?"

He pointed to the stairs, but she rushed towards them, seeing Steven running down them, "Hey, slow down," Cali laughed, but seeing Steven's face up close made her realize that something was actually wrong, "Hey, what's wrong?"

Steven looked shocked, "Taylor and I kissed," he sputtered.

"You guys kissed?" Cali blurted, but Steven shushed her and looked around. She lowered her voice, "What about Shayla?"

Steven grabbed her shoulders, "You can't tell anybody," then he looked up, suddenly remembering something, "Shit, Belly is up there with Taylor. She caught us."

"What?" After years of knowing Belly, she knew how she would react, so she ran up the stairs.

No sooner had Calista reached the top of the stairs, she felt the beat of the music give way to the tense exchange happening in a room nearby. "No, you act so innocent, like you're the victim!" Calista could hear Taylor and Belly yelling from the top of the stairs, making it obvious what room they were in.

"Victim? How do I..." Belly replied, and Calista made her way towards the room, choosing a moment that wouldn't make the situation worse.

"I think you're the self-absorbed one, Belly. How did you not know I've had a crush on Steven for years? Even Cali knew!" Calista stood by the door, listening intently.

In the room, the music became a distant hum as Calista's thoughts raced through a montage of memories—laughter, secrets shared, and now, a bitter feeling of betrayal. Her feet suddenly felt heavy.

Belly choked on her words, "What is wrong with you? People are going to hear!"

Calista frowned, deciding to wait longer as her desperation for the truth grew. The living room's vibrant colors and the pulsating beat seemed to mock the atmosphere upstairs.

Her mind flashed back to moments shared with Belly, a friendship built on trust and understanding. Calista felt a pang of betrayal, grappling with the dissonance between the past and the present.

"First, you send that girl to convince Cali that Conrad cheated because you were so jealous. Then you try to make me feel guilty about kissing the guy I like? No!"

"Taylor, sto—"

"Who cares! There's more than one story happening here, but you seem to only care about the one where you're the main character."

Cali seethed with anger. Unable to contain herself any longer, she walked into the room, "What the fuck!"

"Cali—"

"You lied!" Cali interrupted, advancing toward Belly, "You lied to me, Isabel," she let out a frustrated laugh, her face turning a deep shade of red, a clear sign

of her escalating anger. "I trusted you to tell me the truth!" Taylor and Belly could see the tension in Cali's every move. "I was stupid enough to trust both of you!"

Belly attempted to calm the furious girl, but Cali dismissed her with a sharp look, "You don't get to talk this time, Belly. I've listened to you talk too fucking much."

"Cali you don't understand!"

"Oh, I understand perfectly," Cali snapped, "You're not the victim here, you're the problem. And you did this for what? To satisfy your need for attention? And for a guy?" she shook her head, 'I thought you were better than this, turns out I was wrong again."

The room fell silent and Calista's words hung in the air. Taylor, caught between them, looked at the two girls with a guilty expression.

Cali knew she would eventually say something that she would regret so she stormed out, fists clenched, and left the room filled with unresolved tension.

-x-

any predictions, suggestions or comments? I would love to hear them please don't be a ghost reader!!

commenting and voting also helps me to update

notes:
-yikessss