Shoto x Reader (Explaining Christmas)

3RD PERSON POV
Everyone in class 1-A who didn't already go home were setting up for Christmas. (y/n) didn't go home for the holidays because her mother and father decided to go on a trip without her to some place warm. Others who stayed at the dorms were Ochako, Deku (surprisingly), Bakugo, Kirishima, and Todoroki.

As things in the dorms were getting set up, a certain bi-colored male was standing to the side. Still not understanding what all the fuss is about. It's only December 24th. (color)ette walked over to the silent male. "What are you doing over here Todoroki?" The girl asked in a sweet voice.

"I don't understand what everyone is doing (l/n)." Todoroki replied. (l/n) laughed a little to Todoroki's surprise. "What am I missing from this?"

"You can't be serious? Have you never heard of Christmas." The blank stare on the half and half's face said it all. "Wait... you've really never heard of Christmas. Oh my goodness. I have so much to teach you. Or we could just sit through a Christmas movie marathon, but showing you would take much less time!" (l/n) explained enthusiastically.

"A Christmas what marath-" He couldn't finish his sentence due to the excited girl who pulled him along into the streets of Japan. Beautiful white snow was peacefully falling onto the sidewalk that was bustling with people trying to get some last minute shopping done.

Both bodies stopped at one of the brightly lit shop. "Okay Todoroki. This bright arrangement of mini light bulbs is what we call a Christmas decoration. Store owners usually put these up to attract some customers to show that they might have stuff that people might want for Christmas."

"Why do you need to buy stuff for Christams." He asked in a monotone voice, like always.

"Right, you really don't know anything about Christmas." (l/n) mumbled. "Okay, usually for Christmas people will buy decorations so that their house will look pretty. Like the decorations we have back in the dorms. Then, people also buy presents for each other to show appreciation for each other. That appreciation could be because of friendship, love, or just because. I always think it's so sweet seeing what people get each other." The ecstatic female grabs the young male's wrist and brings him inside the store to look around a bit. After that both of them head to a nicely decorated cafe.

"Okay, so this." The young female pointed to a sugar cookie shaped and decorated like a present. "Is a Christmas dessert. These usually can sell at stores for a hefty amount, but making them at home is always cheaper and more enjoyable." (l/n) took out her wallet and asked the cashier for two hot cocoas and two present sugar cookies. "Todoroki, go find us a table and I'll bring over the food and drinks."

"Okay." He responded.

SHOTO'S POV
I walked away from the (color) haired girl and found an elevated table with two seats. Sitting down and reaching to my pocket, I pulled out a red box with a beautiful silver heart necklace in it. Of course I mostly know what Christmas is about. I didn't live under a rock... mostly. My mother and siblings tried to make sure I didn't miss out on some major events in my life. This was just a small excuse to get some alone time with her away from the others.

Really, I love her. Which is why I bought this necklace for her, using my father's credit card. But that's besides the point. I watch as the (l/n) comes back over with a little pep on her step that I always thought was adorable.

"Annnnd here you go Todoroki." She said as she set down a hot cocoa and a sugar cookie right in front of me. "So in my opinion this is one of my favorite drinks and dessert of this holiday." (l/n) flashed me a cute smile which set my heart a flame. I responded with a small smile as well which cause her to blush a bit.

She sat down and bit into the sugar cookie and sipped a bit of her hot chocolate. I wanted to see a little bit more of her personality, I wanted to see what she really thought about during Christmas. "So, in your opinion is getting or giving presents the main part of Christmas?" I asked.

"Well, not exactly Todoroki-"

I cut her off. "Shoto, call me Shoto."

"Okay, then you can call me (y/n)." She gave me another one of her cute smiles. Then she continued. "It's always nice to give and receive presents, but in my opinion, the best part of Christmas is just spending time with friends, family, and whoever is close to you. The experience is the best part." The (color) haired girl sighed, looking down.

I wonder why she's so down. "Hey, are you okay (y/n)?"

She looked strait up at me, and blushed. Seeming to be embarrassed. "It's nothing really. This is just the first year I'm not home with my parents for Christmas. I guess it's just because I miss them. Then again, I now get to spend it with you guys this year, and all of you are so close of people to me, so I shouldn't be that sad anyways."

"But there is still a part of you that wants to be with your family. I get it, sometimes I wish I could be with my mother, and all of my siblings... everyone besides my father." I explained. She looked at me with her beautiful (color) eyes. "Hey (y/n). I have something to ask you."

"Sure Shoto. Go for it." She replied.

"Umm, so I have a confession to make. I did know what Christmas was."

"Wait real-"

"Before you get all mad at me, just hear me out. I just wanted to get some alone time with you, that's all. Just so I could ask you this." I took out the red velvet box that held the necklace. "Would you be my girlfriend?" Closing my eyes, I waited for a response.

"You know I don't like getting lied to, but yes. I'll be your girlfriend Shoto." I smiled, stood up and hugged her tightly. Then took out the necklace and put it around her neck.

"Merry Christmas (y/n). I hope this was a good Christmas present."

"Of course it was Shoto."

_____________________________________________
1085 Words!

I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and I hope you enjoyed the one shot. Don't forget to request on the request page. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!