7 Swans a Swimming

Ben

I was really looking forward to today.

For two reasons really, and they both had to do with a certain sex god with golden hair and bright blue eyes.

Firstly, I was going to get to see Luca bare chested, which was enough to get my pulse racing so much that my fit bit thought I was actually doing a work out. And secondly, I was actually going to be able to watch Luca doing something that he didn't excel in. I was going to see the real Luca.

The only thing that worried me about today was that I was anxious about what effect seeing the real Luca would actually have on me. There was just something alluring about the idea of seeing a guy as confident as Luca showing some sort of insecurity, and I was worried that it would be enough to turn my pure physical crush into something deeper, which basically would leave me screwed.

I briefly wondered what part Malcolm would have me play today. I'm guessing he would respect my wishes and not make me put on swim shorts, but to be honest I wouldn't mind if he did. Sure, I didn't like the idea of standing bare chested next to the band of Abs, but I wouldn't mind if I was in the water. I was a strong swimmer and pretty confident I'd be able to swim rings round them. It could be fun.

The first thing I noticed when I walked in the pool, was Luca stood on the side, with his bottom lip jutting out slightly.

I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

I walked over to him and threw my arm around his shoulder.

"Ah, it's ok, I'm sure we can find you some kiddies arm bands to use," I said, ruffling his hair.

He swatted me off, with a scowl. A warning look from Marvin told me not to push him any further, so I took the opportunity to saunter off to go and find Malcolm.

"Hey Malcolm, what do you want me to do today?" I asked, when I caught up with him next to the pool.

"Oh Ben, hey. Well, I was talking to the boys and they said you're a lifeguard, so I thought maybe you could do that today. They have one of those tall chairs somewhere, so you could just sit on top of that."

"Sounds like an easy day," I replied, satisfied.

Malcolm looked at me over his glasses.

"No day is an easy day. You'll soon come to realise that."

I chuckled but didn't argue back. Malcolm already looked stressed and we haven't even started yet.

Wardrobe gave me a classic lifeguards outfit of red shorts with a yellow t-shirt. They did offer me tracksuit bottoms instead of shorts, but to be honest the pool area was really humid so I felt I would be too hot in them. Plus, if the band were there in just swim wear, no one was going to be paying any attention to my scrawny legs.

The first half of the day was just as relaxing as I thought. I got the best view in the room to watch the synchronised swim team do their thing. They were incredibly graceful and elegant, just like swans, and it was mesmerising to watch.

It wasn't until after lunch that the band were introduced to the pool.

I felt like I'd won a competition or something, being allowed to sit here watching as the band emerged in just some blue swim shorts. I had to be careful not to stare too much.

They all looked fine, but Luca, made my mouth actually water. How was one person so physically perfect?

But he didn't look at all comfortable. In fact he had his arms folded across his body like he was trying to protect himself from something.