9 Ladies Dancing

A/N Big shout out to Angelbutnotasaint for your comments!! 🥰

Ben

When I agreed to take part in the video for Zaphire's charity single, I didn't for one second think that it would involve losing every shred of dignity that I possessed.

But yesterday, was hands down, the most humiliating day of my life. Why did I say yes? Why didn't I at least ask for more details before I said yes, like what I'd be wearing?

I just didn't like to let people down. And when Malcolm had said that if they had to postpone the filming then they would have to book more studio time, which would have to be paid for from the money that was supposed to be going to the charity....

I mean, what could I say to that?!!

But tights??? Fucking tights?? God, it was awful.

Thankfully they didn't really expect me to do much. Just to stand up straight and twirl when they twirled, and stuff. I was told that the camera wouldn't pan down to my feet so as long as I looked like I knew what I was doing from the waist up, I would be fine.

Admittedly it wouldn't have been too bad, if it wasn't for the fact that Luca was there the whole time. It wasn't that he laughed at me this time. In fact, in some ways, I wish that he had. Because instead he just had this stupid permanent grin plastered across his face like he'd just won the lottery or something.

I'm sure he had something to do with Malcolm asking me, but Malcolm never said anything.

I took a few more calming breaths, then finally stepped out of my car. This was my fourth day here, but it already felt like I'd been at this for weeks. At least today it was just filming the last bit of the drum solo again, seen as we never got around to doing that yesterday. I'm not sure what was wrong with the original one, but I was told I would only have to do the last few bars, so I should be done in less than half an hour.

By the time I walked into the studio I was feeling much calmer, until I realised that there was no one around.

Where was everybody?

I walked back out and went to check the editing room. No one was there either. I headed to the canteen and again, no one from the shoot was there.

I headed towards the rooms where they sorted out the costumes and makeup and finally saw one of the young girls who assisted the wardrobe team.

"Ah Ben," she said, as I approached. "They're all in the meeting room upstairs."

"Oh, right," I replied. "I'll go get myself a coffee or something then."

"No, no, they told me to send you up when you arrived."

"Oh, right, thanks," I replied, and started to head to where she'd pointed.

It wasn't until I was climbing the stairs that I suddenly realised I had no idea what was going on up there. Why would they need me if they were having a meeting? I cursed myself for not asking more questions.

I knocked lightly on the door to the meeting room, before tentatively opening the door, just enough to poke my head round.

"Ben! Come in!" Malcolm boomed.

Of course the next person to catch my eye was Luca as he swung round to look at me as soon as Malcolm had announced my arrival.

"Sit, sit!" Malcolm said, gesturing at an empty seat next to Luca.