18.Amelia (2)

You got to the bathroom and waited there. After a few minutes the teacher walked in.

Teacher: "here."

She handed you a new pair of clothes and a towel.

Teacher: "I wish I could do something about those two."

Amelia: "it's okay."

Teacher: "it's not okay, they've been at it for a while now, I've talked with the principal many times about this."

She has been trying to help me?

Teacher: "all he said was that it was because of the loss of their parents but it doesn't seem like it at all."

You shiver a little while standing there all wet.

Teacher: "oh sorry, you should change now, I wouldn't want you to get sick."

She leaves to probably start her lesson. Without wasting any more time you took off the wet clothes, dryed yourself and put on the new ones. Strangely, they were your size and fit you perfectly.

You took your wet clothes and placed them in a bag that you carried with you all the time and put the bag in your backpack. After that you went back to class to continue your day which was now way more silent without those two.

After school while going home you found a box. You were about to walk past it but a bark came from it. You came closer and opened the box. Inside it there was a small puppy which barked cheerfully when he looked at you.

There was a bit of water and food for him to survive for a few days. You couldn't take him in with you because your mom and dad would disagree with the idea. You didn't know what to do with him, there were no places where he could stay in this small city. You stayed there and petted the dog for a while until you had to leave.

I will find you a proper place to call home, just you wait.

When you got near your house, you left your clothes to dry and put your backpack near the door. You went to the neighbor's and asked them if they could take care of a small puppy, luckily they agreed to take him in which was a huge relief for you. Knowing how nice they are, I'm sure that he will be happy with them.

You went back home and got your room, it was silent so you assumed that they were not home. You took off your clothes and took a shower. After a shower you went to the kitchen to make something for yourself. You made a few sandwiches and went back to your room. After eating them you washed the plate and went to sleep. You fell asleep fast since it was very silent at home.

*the next day*

Two loud knocks on the door woke you up as usual.

Mother: "Amelia! Wake up!"

You stood up and went to the bathroom to do your things. Since you slept well, you felt way better. After that, you went to put on the clothes that you were given in school yesterday but stopped when you noticed your clothes placed on a chair. You took them and put them on.

This is not like them to do this.

You took the clothes you were given yesterday and placed them in a bag. You checked your backpack to see if you didn't forget anything and then went to the kitchen.

Mother: "give me your hand."

You extended your hand and she placed money in it. You placed the money in to your pocket and was about to leave.

Mother: "hey, come here for a sec."

You came closer to her and she slapped you on the face hard enough for you to fall to the ground.