3.Maria & Rose (2)

You felt yourself falling through what you assumed to be a portal.

I wonder if this really is a portal now, could it be something else? No! Wherever this will lead, I will be ready for it! Rose, I won't let that smile on your face fade away.

Suddenly, you dropped out of the portal on to the ground. With your sister in hands you look around.

Maria: "a forest? Where the hell are we?"

You look behind you and see that the portal hasn't closed yet. You get up and start to run away from it.

Would they dare to chase me here?

Now that you were a bit further from the portal, you hid yourself behind a tree. A few minutes past by and you felt safe but it wasn't for long as you heard screaming coming from the portal. You look at the it and wait.

Man(1): "ahhhhhhhhhhh! Ufff!"

Man(2): "ahhh!"

A man lands on its face and second one falls on to him.

Man(1): "how long do you plan on laying on me, GET OFF ALREADY!"

The first man shouted at him with anger. The second man listened and got off.

Man(2): "sorry dude."

Man(1): "damn this hurt."

A man and a woman jumped out of the portal and landed right on their feet, they looked like they could cause you problems.

???: "come on you two! No time to fool around, get up!"

The women said.

Man(3): "I'm even impressed that those two went through this thing while the others were scared."

???: "they do have courage but fooling around won't help."

The two men got up and cleaned off their clothes.

Man(1): "we're ready!"

???: "good! Let's go find those two."

The portal closes when she says that.

???: "just great, now how will we get out of here?"

Man(3): "we'll find a way."

???: "I hope we do."

They turn to the opposite direction from where you are and start walking deep in to the forest.

I should go too.

When you get further in to the forest, you sit down and lean in to a tree and rest a bit. All of a sudden Rose jumps out of your arms and drops on her knees.

Maria: "Rose, you're finally awake!"

You say happily and move closer to her and put your hand on her shoulder.

Maria: "it's ok, you probably had a nightmare."

Rose turns to face you as tears roll down her cheeks.

Rose: "Maria!"

She jumps in to your hands and hugs you tightly and you hug her too.

Rose: "I was so scared when those men took me (sob) I-I couldn't do anything, I'm sorry!"

Maria: "what are you saying sorry for?its not your fault."

How did I sleep through that?! Was I that tired?

Rose: "b-but even when you trained me to defend myself (sob) I-I (sob) still couldn't do anything."

Maria: "shhhh...its ok now Rose."

You try to comfort her as you stroke her hair. When Rose calms down you release each other from the hug and Rose looks around.

Rose: "w-where are we?"

Maria: "I'm not really sure but it seems we're in a forest."

Rose tilts her head in question.

Rose: "how did we get here?"

Maria: "once I freed you I had to run away, they chased me and... when we were almost caught, a portal appeared out of nowhere, so I had to go through it."

Stars appear in Rose's eyes.

Rose: "so it's like in a fantasy book that I have read once! Where a person gets teleported to another world and he has to save it!"

Maria: "where and when did you get a book like that!?"

Rose: "oh...I didn't want to say this to you because I knew you would get mad at me..."

She answers with a sad look now.

Maria: "you didn't leave the apartment to get it right?"

Rose: "the owner himself gave it to me."

He taught us how to read when we were small, but giving books? That's new to me.

Rose: "he said that I needed to read them because they were good and that I would get bored if I only played with the toys I had."

Could it be that he wanted her to be busy while I was out, that she wouldn't worry about me.

Maria: "I'm not gonna be mad since it's he who gave it to you."

Rose: "yes! Angry sister avoided."

Maria: "but no more secrets."

Rose: "understood!"

A cold light breeze blows at the both of you and Rose shivers. You act quickly and take off your hoodie.

Maria: "here."

Rose takes the hoodie and puts it on, which is way to big for her but it should keep her whole body warm.

Maria: "would you stay here for a bit?"

Rose: "are you going somewhere?"

Maria: "yes, I will try to look around for something to eat and maybe find some water to drink before the sun sets."

Rose: "I hope you will come back soon."

Maria: "I shouldn't take long."

You tell her as you pet her head.

Rose: "okay."

Rose smiles cheerfully.

You go in to the forest and start looking for something edible. The forest is full of trees, no bushes with some berries on them or water.

This is the worst luck I've had in my life.

You keep looking but still can't find anything. You were about to turn back when you noticed a knife stuck in a tree. You come closer to inspect it.

Why would this be here? And why is there blood on the knife?

When you took out the knife, you understood why there was blood on it.

Maria: "it's..."

My knife... but why is it here?

You hold the knife and keep walking back to Rose while asking the same question... Why is this here?

When you got back it was already dark and Rose was sleeping. You sit down next to her, hide the knife behind you and close your eyes.
.
.
.
This chapter might of been a bit boring but the next one will be better...atleast I hope.