Training

Given the fact that Floyd is being careful and living in a building with around eight-hundred and fifty cameras, it's going to take a few days to find out where he lives. That gives me time to put Yang through some training.

I have slaved away for the past few weeks to make her something special, something that she is going to absolutely love.

Yang just ran the obstacle course again for the tenth time in a row, getting faster and faster every time.

She ran up to me breathing pretty heavy.

"Why is it so uneven?"

My reasoning for it was quite simple.

"Well, buildings aren't very even. I modeled this course after the buildings here in Vale. The fastest time I've ever gotten was about a minute."

"What?! I wanna see!"

I smiled at her and started running.

As I got to the end, her face was in complete disbelief.

"Speed is one thing in this challenge, but knowledge of the terrain is another. Uneven terrain like that is hard to move fast on, so if you're pursuing someone, you will need to move faster than them, even if just by a little. Take a little break to catch your breath, and do it again, but this time focus on speed and finding the fastest way around obstacles."

We both sat down and I took a sip of water before handing her the bottle. She chugged the entire bottle in one go.

"That thirsty, huh?"

"Yeah, running like that for over two hours will do that to you."

"I'm sorry that the training is difficult, but you have to understand that being a vigilante is dangerous, and I just want you to be safe."

She rested her head on my shoulder for a bit before finding her motivation again and, without warning, immediately started running the course.

She was moving just about as fast as I do. I smirked, knowing she heard my words and wants to show me that she will be safe going out with me.

She finished in about a minute, just barely beating my time. The second she landed she made one final jump, that being into my arms.

I spun her around as she laughed with me. I pulled her closer to me as she let out the last of her giggles.

"I'm proud of you, Yang."

She nuzzled her face into my neck.

"I love you, Y/n."

I kissed her head and set her down on her feet again.

"I know you're capable of fighting, so your last challenge will be seeing if you can truly keep up with me."

We first did multiple races, which she seemed able to keep up with me fairly well, only losing a small amount of speed at certain points. Next, we raced on the obstacle course multiple times, and she actually managed to keep up with me pretty well, she keeps impressing me more and more.

When we eventually came to a stop, we decided to go back to our dorm to rest, but she didn't know that I had one more surprise left for her. I had asked Ruby to put it on a mannequin while we were training, and it was there in the empty room when we got there.

Sitting on the mannequin was her suit, the one I had been secretly making for weeks.

She immediately got excited and started yelling.

"Oh my God! Is this for me?!"

I nodded at her, and she responded by tackling me.

After a few minutes, I got her off me and stood up, taking the suit off the mannequin and handing it to her.

"Well, go try it on!"

She ran into the bathroom, and I was able to hear rustling from the inside, and a few minutes after, I was able to hear her new boots stepping toward the door. I shut off the light, just to be able to see the lights in her mask.

I heard the door open, and she slowly stepped out in front of me.

I matched her by closing my mask and stepping forward, putting my hands on her shoulder

"Try out the voice changer, baby."

I could see her think for a minute before saying a sentence that was absolutely something that a vigilante would say.

"You shouldn't be afraid of me, you should be utterly terrified..."

I did a damn good job on her voice changer because she sounds actually scary.

"I think we'll make a very good team, Yang."

"I agree, Y/n."