Forever Fall Part 2

I left toward where RWBY and the rest of JNPR are located and started calming Pyrrha down as she was still a mix of sadness and anger at Jaune's decision to go with Cardin. Our conversation was interrupted by a roar from an Ursa. Ruby got up, looking concerned.

Ruby: Did you guys hear that?

Out of nowhere, three members of Team CRDL ran through the trees.

Russel: Ursa! Ursa!

He accidentally runs into Yang, who grabs him by the collar of his shirt and lifts him up.

Yang: What?! Where?

Russel struggled against her grasp but pointed behind him, signaling the direction of the Ursa.

Russel: Back there! It's got, Cardin!

And I should care why? Not like anybody's going to miss him. Just as that thought left my mind, Pyrrha returned it.

Pyrrha: Jaune!

Ruby went into leader mode and started giving orders to her team.

Ruby: Yang! You and Blake, go get Professor Goodwitch!

Yang dropped Russel and nodded to Blake before running into the forest. Pyrrha looked at Ren and Nora as she and Ruby pull out their weapons.

Pyrrha: You two, go with them! There could be more!

I checked my hidden blade, before sheathing it and running after the two. We came across Cardin trying to back away from the Ursa, who was attracted to the sap on his chest plate. The Ursa raises its paw and swipes down, but in the knick of time, it was blocked by Jaune's shield. He struggled to defend Cardin as the Ursa attempts to lean on him. Weiss lifts her rapier and prepares to help.

Me: Wait!

Weiss: Why?

I smirked at her and invaded the Ursa's mind. Grimm aren't as mindless as people make them out to be. Everything is afraid of something, even them. Something is funny to me about something as large as an Ursa being afraid of something. The Ursa reared up and covered his eyes, Jaune saw this as an opportunity and sliced upward, severing the Ursa's front legs. I took this as my time and retracted the fear from its mind. It tried to go back to its previous attack, Jaune reared his sword upward and slammed it down on the Ursa's neck three times, slicing it clean off.

I ushered the group away from the scene and hid up in a tree.

Cardin, who's still covered in sap, looks up at Jaune as he offers a hand. Cardin smiles as he takes it and gets lifted back onto his feet.

Cardin: Holy crap, Jaune!

Jaune: Don't ever mess with my friends ever again.

Jaune stares Cardin dead in the eyes.

Jaune: Got it?

Cardin looks intimidated, maybe even apologetic. He turns around and walks away, leaving Jaune in the open. Jaune looks up at the tree I'm in, and looks past the leaves and sees me.

Jaune: You can come out now, Y/n.

I hopped out of the tree and started walking toward him.

Me: Keen eye there, Jaune.

Jaune: Why didn't you help me?

Me: I didn't help because you had it handled.

I turned around and started walking back into the clearing, before looking back.

Me: You coming?

Jaune smiled and ran forward to catch up with me.

Timeskip

I was crouched on the door frame, waiting for Pyrrha to show up as Jaune was looking off into the night.

Pyrrha: No Cardin tonight? I thought you two were best buds?

Jaune: Pyrrha... I'm sorry. I was a jerk! You were only trying to be nice, and... I had all this stupid macho stuff in my head-

Pyrrha: Jaune! It's okay! Your team really misses their leader, you know. You should come down! Ren made pancakes! No syrup, though — you can thank Nora for that!

Pyrrha begins to walk out the door, offering a small wave as she saw me perched on the door frame.

Jaune: Wait!

Pyrrha turns around, and Jaune looks at her sheepishly.

Jaune: I know I don't deserve it after all the happened, but... would you be willing to help me... to help me become a better fighter?

Pyrrha turned around, and I saw her satisfied smile with my night vision. She turned around and pushed him to the ground.

Jaune: Hey!

I retracted my mask and jumped down from the doorframe and looked at him.

Me: Your stance is all wrong. You need to be wider and lower to the ground.

I offered him my hand, which he graciously accepts, we continued to hold the bro shake and grin at each other.

Me: Let's try that again.