"And we followed the spiders because of what you said about Hagrid, and it turns out they weren't behind the attacks either. That's when we found this diary—" Harry held up a black leather clad book, "And it belonged to someone named Tom Riddle. He said that Hagrid was the one who was behind the murder fifty years ago!"

We were walking briskly through the hall later joined by Weasley, until an announcement was made to return to our common rooms.

We all shared the same knowing look, otherwise known as the 'Ah shit, here we go again' and quickened our pace, hiding behind a corner to eavesdrop on the teachers.

I snickered as Mcgonagall and Snape mocked Lockhart, nudging Harry who slapped my hand away as he was listening intently. The teachers were in the way of what the "heir" wrote next, and I was practically jumping to see what lay on the wall.

"Who was the girl who was taken?" Madame Pomfrey asked, her usual soft features overturned with worry.

"Ginny Weasly."

We froze, and I saw Ron's face turn to one of shock, then despair. It was like someone emptied all emotions from his body, and then pumped him full with fear.

"Ginny..." He repeated with wide eyes, filled with only disbelief. In that moment, I could only feel sympathy for the poor boy. If Harry was taken... I had no idea what I would do.

The professors moved with heavy steps down the hall, and cleared the view to the wall.

What lay on it I would never forget for the rest of my life. My stomach churned, imagining the cold, unmoving body of the bright first year surrounded by unfamiliarity.

"Come on," I whispered, pulling Ron to his feet, and waking him from his trance. I could make out droplets of sweat emerging from the neckline of his robe, and his hands were fidgeting in clock like ticks. We chased after Lockhart in some attempt for help.

"Professor! We have some information for you!" Harry exclaimed, until he noticed that Lockhart looked like a deer in headlights, caught packing. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Um, well yes--"

"You sorry excuse for a human being!" I scoffed. "You're running away with your tail between your legs!"

"Miss Potter!" Lockhart exclaimed, looking insulted. As if looking insulted was going to change the fact that he was abandoning everyone when they needed him.

"What about my sister?" Ron interrupted, "You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!"

I slipped out for a second, and ran to the owlery, finding Draco's owl, Ulysses. "Here, boy!" I called, opening the cage, "Get Draco for me, will you?" It rubbed its head affectionately against my cheek and flew off.

The boys were already in the bathroom, and they were blocking Lockhart from leaving, which almost made me laugh.

"Harry?" Myrtle crooned sweetly, "If you die down there, you're welcome to share my toilet."

Harry looked surprised, replying ever so politely. Sometimes, I wonder who he got it from. Probably our mother.

"Let's go boys!" I said jumping in between them.